Receive relevant New and Updated programmes: Personal Updates !
|Tuition fee:|| |
|Start date:||February 2014, April 2014, October 2014, November 2014|
|Duration full-time:||18 months|
|Delivery mode:||On Campus|
This exciting course offers you the opportunity to develop a particular strength in the management of international business issues. You will focus on strategic areas of marketing management and finance, as well as international markets and the developing patterns of world trade invaluable for those who wish to work in the global marketplace.
You will develop the skills required to adopt appropriate strategic responses to different market environments through the study of organisations. You will also understand the impact of contextual forces on organisations, including legal systems, corporate governance and ethical, economic and environmental change issues.
You will develop your knowledge of the financing of organisations including the sources, uses and management of finance and the use of accounting for managerial and financial reporting. You will also study the management and development of people within organisations, the use of relevant communications within the global economy and how cultural differences affect both buying behaviour and marketing approaches. As well as specific knowledge relating to international business, you will develop enhanced personal and inter-personal skills. These include critical thinking, team working, problem-solving, numeracy and quantitative skills, self management and negotiation skills.
On successful completion of the International Business and Management Master's course, you will be equipped with a broad range of knowledge and skills that will enable you to analyse and solve a wide range of business problems and situations. You will be in a strong position to pursue a variety of management roles in both public and private sectors in national or international businesses. The course will be valuable to launch a career in international business or for those looking to develop their existing international career.
During the course you will:
* Experience a course designed to help graduates who are not business specialists
* Gain a valuable insight into business and management and enhance your employability
* Mix with other postgraduate students from around the world in a unique environment
* Have opportunities to attend high-profile business events run by the Universitys Knowledge Hub
* Experience a diverse student population so you can experience the benefits and issues of international business first-hand
* Learn from staff teaching on this course who represent a number of nationalities and bring a truly international perspective
Areas of study you may cover on this course include:
* Business communications
* Financial analysis
* Business data analysis
* Managing people
* Digital business management
* Applied management project
* Corporate finance
* International marketing
A range of assessment methods are used throughout the course. You will be required to undertake a variety of group and individually based assessments. These assessments include individual essays, reports presentations and examinations, and group based reports and presentations. The assessments are designed to test knowledge and understanding of the appropriate subject matter, but also to demonstrate the range of skills identified in section 3 above.
The assessment strategy underlines the programmes concern with research and independent thinking, critical knowledge of theory and practice, the ability to make information decisions and communicate these under time pressure and, finally, the all-important skills of teamwork and oral communication of ideas.
The written assignments and group reports contribute to the learning outcomes focusing on your ability to research and critically evaluate elements of the curriculum in depth. They generally allow you to use a variety of named sources to support your viewpoints
The end of unit examinations focus primarily on critical discussion of theory and current practice and provide the reassurance of guaranteed student authorship, and a true measure of your own ability and understanding.
The time-constrained tests will be more cursory in nature, generally assessing awareness, understanding and application of elements of the curriculum.
The significant weighting given to individual and group presentations stresses the primacy of team work and of effective oral communication based on research and creative, `holistic thinking about organisational, media and stakeholder issues.
This programme of study aims to achieve the following:
* To enable you to operate successfully in an international business and management role within an upon completion of the programme
* To enable you to expand on your undergraduate skills and enable you to gain knowledge and skills relevant to a global knowledge economy
* To enable you to appreciate the integrated nature of business and management study, and to relate both hard and soft issues to decision making
* To assess the cross-cultural nature of international business and management study
* To add value so as to enhance your employment prospects
* To compare, contrast, and choose theories to the practice of business and management
* To apprise and compare studies of people and organisations in a cross-cultural context
* To develop a career in International business and management by developing your skills at an appropriate level
* To develop and modify your ability to apply knowledge and understanding of business and management to complex issues
* To evaluate and organise your lifelong learning skills and personal development so as to be able to work with self-direction to contribute to business and society at large
* To develop a good grounding and knowledge in emerging international marketing and corporate finance management issues
* To assess and contrast the key concepts, regarding online business measures, their implications and the role in an organisations online strategic development
* To develop the ability to confidently use your strategic and analytical skills to solve strategic international business problems
You should normally have a good honours degree or equivalent.
The University accepts the following qualifications as satisfying the English Language requirements for entry to a Bachelor or Masters degree*
* TELAS 1 or 2
* ESOL level 2
* IELTS Grade 6.0
* TOEFL 550 / 213 / 80
* JMB University Test: Minimum Pass
* Cambridge Certificate of Proficiency in English: Minimum Grade C
* Cambridge Certificate of Advanced English: Minimum Grade C
* GCSE or IGCSE English Language: Minimum C
* BEC Higher: Pass (grades A,B or C)
* English for Business Communication (C and G) - Level 2 First Class Pass
* LCCI International Qualifications - * English for Business (EFB) - Pass at Level 3, * English for Commerce (EFC) - Pass at Level 3
* Cambridge Overseas School Certificate: Minimum Grade C
* Scottish Certificate of Education Standard Grade English: Minimum Grade C
* Scottish Certificate of Education - Higher Grade English: Minimum Grade D
* Irish Leaving Certificate - Ordinary Level English: Minimum Grade C
* Irish Leaving Certificate - Higher Level English: Minimum Grade D
* Oxford High Lever Certificate: Minimum Pass
* Warwick English Language Test (WELT): Minimum CCC
* Certificate of Attainment in English (Edexcel): Minimum Level 4
* Anglia Certificate of English as a Foreign Language Proficiency
* TEEP (University of Reading) 6.0
* Integrated Skills Test in English (ISE): Level III or above
* Trinity College of London ISE: Level III or IV
* University of Central Lancashire Certificate of Proficiency in English Level 3 - Proficient User Pass
* Swansea University English test (SWELT) - Minimum Grade 6.0
* UCL Graduate Preparatory Course - 6.0 or above
* London Test of English - Advanced Level 4
|CAE score:||60 (Grade C)|
You are normally required to take an English Proficiency Test.
Most European Universities recognise the IELTS test.Take IELTS test
Using the form on this page, you can directly ask questions to the contactpersons at the university.
Fill out your contact information and message. The information you fill out in this form will be sent directly to the university. They will reply to you on the e-mail address you provide here.
mastersportal.eu cannot take any responsibility for the answering of contacts or for the content of their replies.