|Tuition fee:|| |
|Start date:||October 2014, February 2015|
|Duration full-time:||12 months|
|Delivery mode:||On Campus|
Become a StudyPortals member and get access to exclusive information, like scholarships and student reviews, related to your favourite programme!
Are you already a StudyPortals Member?
Find all members only information here
With the growth of international trade and commerce, a good understanding of international commercial law is essential for anyone intending to practise in an international business environment.
This course offers the opportunity to study a vibrant area of law and to develop a range of complementary skills. It is designed to focus on international commercial legal matters, and uses contemporary examples and real-world commercial situations to foster understanding.
As well as developing an in-depth knowledge of the rules of law and legal processes relevant to international transactions, you will also have the opportunity to study specialist subject areas, such as international aviation law. Our experienced and supportive teaching team will help increase your use of independent and original thinking on legal matters, as well as your oral and written communication skills.
The course is aimed at those who wish to pursue a legal career in business or commerce, but will also be relevant for those wishing to practise in any legal environment.
Why choose this course?
On successful completion of the LLM in International Commercial Law, you will be equipped with the skills, knowledge and confidence to pursue a career in law.
During the course you will:
* Study in the School of Law, commended by the Quality Assurance Agency (QAA), which was impressed by the way students praised the quality of teaching
* Experience an environment that endeavours to stretch students experiences beyond simply the academic stage of training future lawyers
* Experience a rich and diverse learning environment that will equip you for the modern commercial world
* Benefit from our teaching team, with substantial experience in lecturing to international audiences, as well as working as consultants to international clients
Areas of study you may cover on this course include:
* International alternative dispute resolution
* International aviation law
* Corporate governance and company law
* International contracts
* LLM dissertation
Areas of study include:
* Legal Research and Methodology
* Comparative Chinese and English Commercial Law
* Alternative Dispute Resolution
* Fraud and Corporate Crime
* Corporate Taxation
* Information Technology
* Equal Opportunities Law
The course consists of a mixture of assessments ranging from in-course assessments, portfolio work and an end of year dissertation of 20,000 words to be completed under supervision.
You should normally have a good honours law degree or equivalent.
The University accepts the following qualifications as satisfying the English Language requirements for entry to a Bachelor or Masters degree*
* TELAS 1 or 2
* ESOL level 2
* IELTS Grade 6.0
* TOEFL 550 / 213 / 80
* JMB University Test: Minimum Pass
* Cambridge Certificate of Proficiency in English: Minimum Grade C
* Cambridge Certificate of Advanced English: Minimum Grade C
* GCSE or IGCSE English Language: Minimum C
* BEC Higher: Pass (grades A,B or C)
* English for Business Communication (C and G) - Level 2 First Class Pass
* LCCI International Qualifications - * English for Business (EFB) - Pass at Level 3, * English for Commerce (EFC) - Pass at Level 3
* Cambridge Overseas School Certificate: Minimum Grade C
* Scottish Certificate of Education Standard Grade English: Minimum Grade C
* Scottish Certificate of Education - Higher Grade English: Minimum Grade D
* Irish Leaving Certificate - Ordinary Level English: Minimum Grade C
* Irish Leaving Certificate - Higher Level English: Minimum Grade D
* Oxford High Lever Certificate: Minimum Pass
* Warwick English Language Test (WELT): Minimum CCC
* Certificate of Attainment in English (Edexcel): Minimum Level 4
* Anglia Certificate of English as a Foreign Language Proficiency
* TEEP (University of Reading) 6.0
* Integrated Skills Test in English (ISE): Level III or above
* Trinity College of London ISE: Level III or IV
* University of Central Lancashire Certificate of Proficiency in English Level 3 - Proficient User Pass
* Swansea University English test (SWELT) - Minimum Grade 6.0
* UCL Graduate Preparatory Course - 6.0 or above
* London Test of English - Advanced Level 4
| CAE score: (read more) |
Cambridge English: Advanced (CAE) is part of the Cambridge English suite and is targeted at a high level (IETLS 6.5-8.0). It is an international English language exam set at the right level for academic and professional success. Developed by Cambridge English Language Assessment - part of the University of Cambridge - it helps you stand out from the crowd as a high achiever.
|60 (Grade C)|