|Tuition fee:|| |
|Start date:||October 2015|
|Duration full-time:||12 months|
|Delivery mode:||On Campus|
Become a StudyPortals member and get access to exclusive information, like scholarships and student reviews, related to your favourite programme!
Are you already a StudyPortals Member?
Find all members only information here
The exciting Executive MBA takes an international focus and provides the 'big picture' on business life. It is designed to accelerate the career progression of practising managers, signalling your commitment to an existing or future employer to taking charge of your career and building strategic skills in readiness for increased management responsibility. Alternatively, it will provide you with the skills to start your own business.
You will learn contemporary theory relating to core MBA disciplines such as marketing, operations, management and strategy, entrepreneurship and innovation. You will always apply your theoretical lessons to practical scenarios, including two projects that will enable you to practice leadership and integrate your previous learning into a project case study. These projects can be completed within the contexts of your choice, allowing you to tailor the course to your individual interests and career ambitions. Group sessions will take the form of critical discussions, application of business and management models to real-life business problems, and even live online classrooms.
As we require all students to have a minimum of two years' management experience, enrolment on the course automatically allows you to network with, and learn from, other experienced managers. Out of class, you will be able to attend presentations and other events held at the University's Knowledge Hub, where business people meet to share their knowledge and experience. You will also be offered membership to further networking groups upon graduation, including the Chartered Management Institute (CMI) and our active Alumni Association.
The assessment strategy is as follows:
1. The underpinning philosophy of all the assessments is developmental, building on your knowledge, expertise and capabilities to ensure that you are an able and confident leader and manager. This emphasis will enable you to explore, experience and develop your understanding of leadership, management and innovation within the context of your business and personal needs.
2. This is exemplified by the two projects running through the MBA - the Leadership Project and the Integrated Management Project final project. The two projects will allow considerable autonomy for participants to reflect upon their personal models of leadership in terms of their individual competence areas. Critical evaluation and reflective observation skills are developed in the context of personal effectiveness which will facilitate critique across a range of leadership issues in business environments. The two projects are inter-linked in that Leadership provides an essential theoretical and personal conceptual foundation which is then applied in the Company Strategic Analysis project which integrates all other aspects of the course within the case study of an individual organization.
3. The overall aim of the assessment strategy is that you will receive constructive feedback from your course tutors, and student peers within the group. The team will support you to help you to use this feedback as part of your continuing professional and self development and to ensure you are enabled to do this you will be provided with group and individual tutorial support from the team. This, in turn, links to your personal and professional development unit offered on the course. Your tutor will give you the active guidance to plan the next stages of your learning. This opportunity for supported self-reflection will enable you to take charge of your learning through developing critical evaluation and planning skills.
4. To facilitate and maximise learning for all students a range of assessment methods are used throughout the course and you will be required to undertake a variety of group and individual based assessments throughout the duration of the course. These assessments include individual and group written feedback assignments and projects, action learning reports as well as presentations They are all rooted in authentic and practical workplace scenarios to enable learning to be transferred to the workplace. The assessments are designed to test knowledge and understanding of the appropriate underpinning theoretical input and research, but also to demonstrate your skills. An appropriate sample of all assessed work will be subject to multiple marking and external moderation to ensure appropriate quality standards and intended learning outcomes are achieved as well as consistency and fairness to all. The course will maintain a balance between examinations and assignments (group and individual) and may employ other formats including online tests and presentations. The final project the Integrated Management Project, pulls together all aspects of the course through a detailed review of a specific organization.
5. Apart from the formal assessments there will be an emphasis on self, peer and group assessment. However all formal assessments will be marked graded and moderated by professional tutors only. The aim is for you to become an independent and self-directed lifelong learner and you will not only gain the skills and advantages of using self-reflection but you will gain more feedback from the conventional tutor-student written feedback. This will be used primarily as part of a formative assessment process within the units, rather than in the summative part, where moderation by others may be used.
A good first degree in any discipline
A minimum of two years´ management experience, though for this Executive version of the MBA programme the likelihood is that the vast majority of candidates will posses substantial experience at a middle-senior level.
Special Entry Requirements
`Exceptional Entry´ is possible for students who do not possess formal qualifications, but who have substantial management experience. Please contact the Course Director for a discussion.
| CAE score: (read more) |
Cambridge English: Advanced (CAE) is part of the Cambridge English suite and is targeted at a high level (IELTS 6.5-8.0). It is an international English language exam set at the right level for academic and professional success. Developed by Cambridge English Language Assessment - part of the University of Cambridge - it helps you stand out from the crowd as a high achiever.
|180 (Grade C)|
Sign in to find all related scholarships and all information about funding here.
Not a member yet? Create an account and join +150 000 StudyPortals members.