|Tuition fee:|| |
|Start date:||October 2015|
|Duration full-time:||12 months|
|Delivery mode:||On Campus|
Become a StudyPortals member and get access to exclusive information, like scholarships, related to your favourite programme!
Are you already a StudyPortals Member?
Find all members only information here
The challenges and problems facing managers in today's complex business environment do not always lend themselves to quick-fix solutions. Consequently, our MBA course develops your ability to unravel problems and conceptualise alternative solutions so essential to the successful strategic development of organisations.
The Executive MBA is designed to develop effective practice at a strategic level. This requires integration of concepts and theory and reflection upon your own practice.
The course is suitable for:
* Individuals who want to develop their existing management skills and develop new areas of business interest;
* Those seeking fast track career progression opportunities within their organisation;
* Managers and directors from public and private sector organisations undergoing change or looking for opportunities to grow and
* Owner mangers wishing to consolidate existing opportunities and business practice.
Why choose this course?
1. The Exec MBA is delivered in part-time mode. The course is delivered in the UK and overseas through partner centres in Oman, Hamburg, Zurich and Poland.
2. The part-time MBA is dedicated to giving you as a practicing professional business person, the underpinning research knowledge relating to management, innovation and change in a business environment. You will develop into a catalyst for change within your work organisation. This MBA is centred on the needs of busy and ambitious business people who want to learn how to apply the latest thinking relating to organisational development and change in the knowledge economy.
3. The course focus is to enable you to work more productively with people at work in a dynamic environment. The course covers areas of learning that are particularly relevant to the knowledge economy including units on Entrepreneurship, Creativity and Leadership. There is a career development stream, delivered with our careers service that will enable you to learn skills and techniques and to critically reflect on your activities, ways of working and personal development.
4. All aspects of the course are integrated through a study of a company that you will critically analyse over the second semester of the course with relation to aspects including strategy, operations, integration of technologies for competitive advantage, finance and the international aspects of the business.
5. You should have at least two years of management related work experience (managing people and/or resources) and this is stipulated as part of the requirements for joining the course. Blended learning is used to enable you to manage the pace of your learning through the use of online technology - reserving the labour intensive face-to-face contact for challenge, debate and the development of critical thinking, reflection and leadership skills. The course uses the virtual learning environment, BREO allowing access to materials as well as well as being a medium of communication between students and staff. Action learning will be the main focus of the learning strategy and you will be will become a professional learner which means you take responsibility for your own development, it will be goal directed and oriented to your personal and business needs as well as those of your colleagues at work.
6. The course will redirect relevant research towards an agenda that is responsive to your management and innovation needs as a practitioner. Knowledge transfer from researchers in the fields of organisational behaviour and management will be a high priority and you will also be involved in setting this research agenda through active partnership with the course team and your course peers.
7. You will be enabled to draw on your learning and to become an innovative and imaginative change agent within your workplace, acting as a strong role model and champion for ensuring your workplace maximises use of capability and talent within your peers and colleagues.
8. The University has some key features which encourage innovation and enterprise including Creativity Clubs where business people meet and exchange ideas, learn and reflect on your own practice and initiate change in a lively and fun environment. Similarly, the Knowledge Hub within the University is a networking point for local businesses to access expertise, innovation and enterprise. You will be a member of the Knowledge Network and be eligible to join the Chartered Management Institute on completion of the course. You will also be able to join the Basics of Building a Business course. This course has been specifically designed to help individuals start small businesses.
9. The course is located within the University of Bedfordshire Business School and Postgraduate Centre in Luton and at centres overseas in Oman, Zurich, Hamburg and Poland.
10. The MBA will continue to develop its Alumni group both in the UK and Overseas for the maximum benefit of its present and past students. MBA Alumni will be invited to events such as lectures in the UK on a regular basis throughout your course.
The normal entry requirements for postgraduate degrees (MA/MSc/MBA/LLM) are a good honours degree, or equivalent qualification, in an appropriate subject from a recognised university or HE institution. We also consider candidates with other relevant qualifications and individuals with appropriate work experience.
The University accepts the following qualifications as satisfying the English Language requirements for entry to a Bachelor or Master's degree
* IELTS overall score of 6.0 with minimum 5.5 in each element
* Pearson Test of English Academic (PTE Academic) score of between 52 and 54 with minimum of 51 in each band
* Cambridge Certificate in Advanced English, minimum grade C (each element must be at 'weak' or above)
* Cambridge Certificate of Proficiency in English, minimum grade C (each element must be at 'weak' or above)
For entry to International Foundation courses the University accepts an IELTS with an overall score of 4.5 with minimum 4.5 in each element or recognised equivalent.
For entry to Pre-Masters courses the University accepts an IELTS with an overall score of 5.5 with minimum 5.5 in each element or recognised equivalent.
| CAE score: (read more) |
Cambridge English: Advanced (CAE) is part of the Cambridge English suite and is targeted at a high level (IELTS 6.5-8.0). It is an international English language exam set at the right level for academic and professional success. Developed by Cambridge English Language Assessment - part of the University of Cambridge - it helps you stand out from the crowd as a high achiever.
|180 (Grade C)|
IMPORTANT NOTE: Per 6 April 2015 only the English language tests from IELTS and Trinity College London are accepted for Tier 4 Visa applications to the United Kingdom. Other tests (including TOEFL, TOEIC, Pearson, City & Guilds) are no longer accepted for Tier 4 visa applications to the United Kingdom. The university might still accept these tests to admit you to the university, but if you require a Tier 4 visa to enter the UK and begin your degree programme, these tests will not be sufficient to obtain your Visa. Since the Trinity College London language tests must be taken in one of their exam centres in the UK, IELTS is now the only language test accepted for Tier 4 visas to the UK that can be taken worldwide.
Sign in to find more related scholarships for this programme.
Not a member yet? Create an account and join +150 000 StudyPortals members.
Fortunately enough I was able to find StudyPortals. Right from the start of the application to getting the confirmation of admission I was using StudyPortals.
Sign up for your personal newsletter and we will help you too.
We will send you all the information you need to find your dream study programme!