|Tuition fee:|| |
|Start date:||October 2015, February 2016|
|Duration full-time:||18 months|
|Delivery mode:||On Campus|
Become a StudyPortals member and get access to exclusive information, like scholarships, related to your favourite programme!
Are you already a StudyPortals Member?
Find all members only information here
The full-time MBA (Educational Leadership) provides the 'big picture' on business life, but with a specific focus on working within the education sector. It is designed to accelerate the career progression of teachers, administrators, councillors and other professionals working in education. By enrolling, you will signal your commitment to an existing or future employer to taking charge of your career and building strategic skills in readiness for increased management responsibility.
You will learn theory, but consistently focus on how to apply it in real organisations. You will acquire skills specifically related to leadership and management in education, including: managing change in education, managing data in education, understanding contemporary issues in education, and governance and ethics in education. To maintain a vocational emphasis, you will apply your lessons to management practice through regular case studies. In addition, you will complete two projects that will enable you to practice leadership within an education organisation and integrate your previous learning into simulated business environments.
The course gives you an appreciation of the roles of most functions within an education organisation, helping you to co-operate effectively with future colleagues in cross-functional tasks. As our talented teaching team includes staff with a specialist research base and tutors with a depth of practical experience in management and leadership within education, their guidance will be informed by years of personal experience.
The assessment strategy is as follows:
* The underpinning philosophy of all the assessments is to develop both your knowledge and skills to enter employment as a confident manager with a strong base from which to meet your own aspirations. This requires you to consider your own personal capabilities as well as looking outward at the business world
* This is exemplified by the two projects running through the MBA - the Executive Development Project and the Theory into Practice Project. These are specifically designed to help you make a successful transition into work. The first helps you to consider your own development and the second helps you to consider the complexity of putting what you have learnt into practice once you join an organisation
* The overall aim of the assessment strategy is that you will receive constructive feedback from your course tutors, and student peers within the group. The team will support you to use this feedback as part of your professional and personal development and to ensure you are enabled to do this you will be provided with group and individual tutorial support from the team. Your tutor will give you the active guidance to plan the next stages of your learning. This opportunity for supported self-reflection will enable you to take charge of your learning through developing critical evaluation and planning skills
* To facilitate and maximise learning for all students a range of assessment methods are used throughout the course and you will be required to undertake a variety of group and individual based assessments. These assessments include individual and group written feedback assignments and projects, action learning reports as well as presentations. They are all rooted in authentic and practical workplace scenarios to enable learning to be transferred to the workplace. The assessments are designed to test knowledge and understanding of the appropriate underpinning theoretical input and research, but also to demonstrate your skills. An appropriate sample of all assessed work will be subject to multiple marking and external moderation to ensure appropriate quality standards and intended learning outcomes are achieved as well as consistency and fairness to all
* Apart from the formal assessments there will be an emphasis on self, peer and group assessment. However all formal assessments will be graded and moderated by professional tutors. The aim is for you to become an independent and self-directed lifelong learner and you will not only gain the skills and advantages of using self-reflection but you will gain more feedback from the conventional tutor student written feedback. This will be used primarily as part of a formative assessment process within the units, rather than in the summative part, where moderation by others may be used
* A good first degree in any discipline
* A minimum of two years´ management experience
For international students English competence of IELTS 6.0 or equivalent is required.
| CAE score: (read more) |
Cambridge English: Advanced (CAE) is part of the Cambridge English suite and is targeted at a high level (IELTS 6.5-8.0). It is an international English language exam set at the right level for academic and professional success. Developed by Cambridge English Language Assessment - part of the University of Cambridge - it helps you stand out from the crowd as a high achiever.
|180 (Grade C)|
Sign in to find all related scholarships and all information about funding here.
Not a member yet? Create an account and join +150 000 StudyPortals members.