|Tuition fee:|| |
|Start date:||October 2015, February 2016|
|Duration full-time:||18 months|
|Delivery mode:||On Campus|
Become a StudyPortals member and get access to exclusive information, like scholarships, related to your favourite programme!
Are you already a StudyPortals Member?
Find all members only information here
The University of Bedfordshire's MBA is specifically designed for people just setting on their business career MBA programme, supports your personal and professional development of skills and knowledge underpinned by the latest research in management, innovation and change in a business environment which is essential to your future career.
This degree aims to enhance your professional prospects by developing your capability to apply the latest thinking relating to organisational development and change in the competitive global context.
As a student you are expected to be able to demonstrate relevant knowledge and understanding of organisations, the external context in which they operate and how they are managed. You will reflect on your knowledge, learning and practice through interaction with peers and tutors. The course supports you in developing business competence and strengthens confidence and credibility, providing you with the practical and theoretical capabilities to master the complexities of a competitive and changing business environment. You will also have opportunities for peer networking and learning that enable you to fast-track your career development supported by our careers service.
The programme combines core MBA disciplines with innovative subject areas to provide the Big Picture of business life which underpins career success in strategic management and leadership. The degree will be a challenging learning experience integrating theory and practice throughout. Practice events are integral to University of Bedfordshire Business School's vision to take business education, research and practice in exciting new directions.
Why choose this course?
1. The MBA is a generalist programme giving you a broad knowledge of business and opening the potential for you to join an employer in a variety of positions. It will also give you an appreciation of the roles of most functions within an organisation, helping you to co-operate effectively with future colleagues in cross-functional tasks.
2. Understanding theory is not enough on this programme: understanding how it applies in real organisations is key. The teaching team therefore includes staff with a specialist research base and tutors with a depth of practical experience in management and leadership.
3. The materials used in every unit focus on the application of theory to practice. You will be given many case studies to explore in depth to appreciate management practice. In addition, tutors will expect you to keep up with developments in business and key industry sectors through reading newspapers, magazines and business news websites.
4. You will use material from current business organisations which will be introduced by staff from their own research activities, from tutor engagement with consultancy work and from contacts the Business School develops specifically to bring current projects into classes and more widely with local business communities, for example through the Knowledge Hub in Luton.
5. You will be asked to demonstrate masters level capability on taught units and through projects. In the unit `Executive Development you will explore your own potential as a manager which is essential to strengthening your capabilities.
6. Practice events are integral to University of Bedfordshire Business Schools vision to take business education, research and practice in exciting new directions. Central to this vision is the aspiration to give you the skills and knowledge to find the career and future success you want. At the end of the course you will experience a simulated business environment.
7. For students completing an internship as part of your programme this will provide a valuable opportunity for the utilisation of your skills.
8. The Theory into Practice Project comes at the end of the course and helps you to put into practice and think about the wide range of techniques you have explored on your course.
The normal entry requirements for postgraduate degrees (MA/MSc/MBA/LLM) are a good honours degree, or equivalent qualification, in an appropriate subject from a recognised university or HE institution. We also consider candidates with other relevant qualifications and individuals with appropriate work experience.
The University accepts the following qualifications as satisfying the English Language requirements for entry to a Bachelor or Master's degree
* IELTS overall score of 6.0 with minimum 5.5 in each element
* Pearson Test of English Academic (PTE Academic) score of between 52 and 54 with minimum of 51 in each band
* Cambridge Certificate in Advanced English, minimum grade C (each element must be at 'weak' or above)
* Cambridge Certificate of Proficiency in English, minimum grade C (each element must be at 'weak' or above)
| CAE score: (read more) |
Cambridge English: Advanced (CAE) is part of the Cambridge English suite and is targeted at a high level (IELTS 6.5-8.0). It is an international English language exam set at the right level for academic and professional success. Developed by Cambridge English Language Assessment - part of the University of Cambridge - it helps you stand out from the crowd as a high achiever.
|180 (Grade C)|
IMPORTANT NOTE: Per 6 April 2015 only the English language tests from IELTS and Trinity College London are accepted for Tier 4 Visa applications to the United Kingdom. Other tests (including TOEFL, TOEIC, Pearson, City & Guilds) are no longer accepted for Tier 4 visa applications to the United Kingdom. The university might still accept these tests to admit you to the university, but if you require a Tier 4 visa to enter the UK and begin your degree programme, these tests will not be sufficient to obtain your Visa. Since the Trinity College London language tests must be taken in one of their exam centres in the UK, IELTS is now the only language test accepted for Tier 4 visas to the UK that can be taken worldwide.
Sign in to find more related scholarships for this programme.
Not a member yet? Create an account and join +150 000 StudyPortals members.
Fortunately enough I was able to find StudyPortals. Right from the start of the application to getting the confirmation of admission I was using StudyPortals.
Sign up for your personal newsletter and we will help you too.
We will send you all the information you need to find your dream study programme!