|Application deadline:||19 September 2014.|
|Tuition fee:||Not specified|
|Start date:||September 2014, September 2015|
|Credits (ECTS):||180 ECTS|
|Duration full-time:||24 months|
|Delivery mode:||On Campus|
Become a StudyPortals member and get access to exclusive information, like scholarships and student reviews, related to your favourite programme!
Are you already a StudyPortals Member?
Find all members only information here
This part-time programme is aimed at practitioners offering guidance to adults making choices about education, training, employment and personal development.
The programme leading to Postgraduate Certificate, Diploma and MSc award in Adult Guidance is designed to support the Continuing Professional Development (CPD) needs of adult guidance professionals. The course is modular in format, giving each student maximum flexibility in planning an individual programme. Study guides help to minimise attendance but tutorial support is available through face-to-face workshops and a range of technologies.
The course integrates with other Faculty of Education postgraduate provision, allowing progression to higher degree studies. Facilities exist for the Accreditation of Prior Formal Learning (APFL) and the Accreditation of Prior Experiential Learning (APEL). Tailored arrangements for groups of employees can be negotiated.
* Aimed at practitioners offering guidance to adults making choices about education, training, employment and personal development
* Academic rigour: modelling important values and principles; establishing a culture of enquiry based on the integration of research and theory and its application to practice
* Supporting the development of practice competence by encouraging reflection on alternative theoretical perspectives and policy
* Developing transferable skills in communication, the use of new technology, and critical evaluation.
* Progression from Postgraduate Certificate to Diploma/MSc and research degrees.
Flexible delivery arrangements. Study guide for every module. Some modules have attendance requirements.
The Certificate is made up of three core modules, plus an elective module (60 SM credits). The Diploma involves completion of the Certificate programme and is made up of one core module, one elective module and one option module (120 SM credits). The MSc involves, in addition, the preparation of a 15,000 word thesis on an adult guidance topic (180 SM credits).
* The Organisation and Practice of Adult Guidance
* Using Information Resources in Adult Guidance
* Counselling Skills in Adult Guidance
* Work Based Learning Agreement (Diploma)
Option Modules (Diploma only)
* Professional and Ethical Issues in Guidance
* Additional Support Needs and Adult Guidance
* Individual student choice in line with current University and Faculty Modular Masters Scheme (MMS) policy.
Professional qualifications acceptable. Employment in an adult guidance role or access to practical experience required.
First degree or relevant professional qualification, or a combination of qualifications and experience demonstrating capacity for postgraduate study. Applicants should be employed in a professional post allowing study of the practice of adult guidance or have access to comparable opportunities. All applicants will have the opportunity of a pre-entry interview.
In addition to academic qualifications, you must also be able to show that you have a sufficient grasp of English. If English is not your first language you will need to provide evidence of your proficiency before you can begin the course, and you are strongly advised to take the IELTS or the TOEFL test examination. The University's general entry requirements are IELTS 6.5, TOEFL 600 (including the Test of Written English), TOEFL 250 (computer based test) and TOEFL 100 (internet based test).
| CAE score: (read more) |
Cambridge English: Advanced (CAE) is part of the Cambridge English suite and is targeted at a high level (IETLS 6.5-8.0). It is an international English language exam set at the right level for academic and professional success. Developed by Cambridge English Language Assessment - part of the University of Cambridge - it helps you stand out from the crowd as a high achiever.
|75 (Grade B)|