|Application deadline:||Start in 1 February: September (non-EEA: September). Start in 1 September: April (non-EEA: April).|
|Tuition fee:|| |
|Start date:||September 2014, February 2015, September 2015|
|Credits (ECTS):||120 ECTS|
|Duration full-time:||24 months|
|Delivery mode:||On Campus|
Become a StudyPortals member and get access to exclusive information, like scholarships and student reviews, related to your favourite programme!
Are you already a StudyPortals Member?
Find all members only information here
The Master's in Sustainable Development focuses on the analysis of changes needed to create sustainable solutions to achieve an environmentally and socially accountable society.
The Masters programme in Sustainable Development (SD) does just that: it focuses on the analysis of changes needed to achieve an environmentally and socially accountable society. You will learn how such changes can be analysed and managed, locally and globally, in both the short and the long term.
* Are you interested in environmental issues?
* Do you want to work towards a sustainable future?
* Do you want to study in an excellent academic environment?
If so, the SD MSc could be the perfect challenge for you. Youll be exploring a sustainable world in this international research Masters programme with students from all over the world.
One multidisciplinary programme, four tracks:
* Energy & Resources
* International Development
* Environmental Governance
* Global Change and Ecosystems
You will be taking courses throughout the whole first Masters year and the beginning of your second Masters year. There are three kinds of courses in the programme: general, track and elective courses.
* Youll follow threegeneral courses on sustainability together with all the SD students. These general courses aim at building bridges between natural science and social science perspectives and methodologies. Sustainability issues are discussed from various points of view;
* Youll follow severaltrack courses and/or research projects in which you will be trained in theory, research methodology and interventions in the specific track area, in order to deepen your knowledge;
* And the curriculum offers you twoelective courses so you can personalise your programme.
Most of your second year will be spent on your Masters thesis, in which you will work on your own independent research project.
Previous education: The minimum capacities that are required in prior education concern: research skills; a basic level of knowledge in either the social or the natural sciences; some general insight in sustainability issues and intervention strategies (from a social-science or a natural-science perspective).
Additional language requirements: * Cambridge Certificate in Advanced English: B1
* Cambridge Certificate of Proficiency in English: C1
* IELTS overall band: 6.5
* IELTS writing: 6
* TOEFL paper based: 580
* TOEFL computer based: 237
* TOEFL internet based: 93
| CAE score: (read more) |
Cambridge English: Advanced (CAE) is part of the Cambridge English suite and is targeted at a high level (IETLS 6.5-8.0). It is an international English language exam set at the right level for academic and professional success. Developed by Cambridge English Language Assessment - part of the University of Cambridge - it helps you stand out from the crowd as a high achiever.
|75 (Grade B)|
|TOEFL paper-based test score :||580|
|TOEFL iBT® test:||93|
Scholarships / Grants:
Utrecht University:The Utrecht Excellence Scholarship offers a number of highly talented prospective, non-Dutch students the opportunity to pursue a degree in a selected number of fields at Utrecht University.For additional information: Website
Utrecht University:The Geosciences Scholarship offers outstanding prospective non-Dutch students the opportunity to pursue a degree in one of the Master's programmes offered by the Graduate School of Geosciences. The scholarship programme is highly selective. For additional information: Website
TNO:For additional information: Website
Copernicus Institute:For additional information: Website
Accredited by: NVAO in: Netherlands