This programme is currently not being updated by a university administrator
The information might be incorrect, incomplete or outdated.
We apologise for your inconvenience.
|Tuition fee:|| |
|Start date:||September 2014, September 2015|
|Duration full-time:||12 months|
|Delivery mode:||On Campus|
|Educational variant:||Part-time, Full-time|
Become a StudyPortals member and get access to exclusive information, like scholarships and student reviews, related to your favourite programme!
Are you already a StudyPortals Member?
Find all members only information here
3 good reasons to study Environmental Assessment and Management at Salford test
* Opportunities for project work with private, public and third sector organisations
* Contributions visiting practitioners and interactive site visits to a range of facilities and locations
* A residential field course gains practical experience and view first hand environmental assessment and management best practice
This course offers a broad-based curriculum studying the relationships between human and natural components of the environment.
It is designed to produce graduates sufficiently equipped to play a leading role in the formulation, implementation and evaluation of environmental policy initiatives within the environmental industries.
This course enables you to develop essential knowledge and skills to progress to a professional career in environmental management, regulation or consultancy.
You will study four core modules that will provide you with a detailed understanding of environmental assessment and management techniques. You will be able to select four optional modules that provide knowledge and skills in specialist areas of environmental management including waste and water resources management, climate change and environmental impact assessment. Depending on the options selected you will have an opportunity to use field monitoring techniques, to work on projects with industry and to take part in industrial site visits.
The full course runs full-time over one year or two years part-time, giving you the chance to exit with the following awards:
* Postgraduate Diploma: Eight modules over eight months
* Masters: Eight modules plus a dissertation over one year
* Postgraduate Diploma: Eight modules over two years
* Masters: Eight modules plus a dissertation over three years
* An honours degree in any subject
* We welcome applications from students with alternative qualifications and/or significant relevant experience, subject to approval through a process of Accreditation of Prior Learning (APL).
* International students must provide evidence of proficiency in English - IELTS 6.0 band score or a score of TOEFL 550 or above (213 computer based) with a TWE of 4.0 are proof of this.
| CAE score: (read more) |
Cambridge English: Advanced (CAE) is part of the Cambridge English suite and is targeted at a high level (IETLS 6.5-8.0). It is an international English language exam set at the right level for academic and professional success. Developed by Cambridge English Language Assessment - part of the University of Cambridge - it helps you stand out from the crowd as a high achiever.
|60 (Grade C)|