|Application deadline:||as soon as possible|
|Tuition fee:|| |
|Start date:||September 2015, January 2016|
|Duration full-time:||24 months|
|Delivery mode:||On Campus|
Become a StudyPortals member and get access to exclusive information, like scholarships, related to your favourite programme!
Are you already a StudyPortals Member?
Find all members only information here
The MA in Education is designed specifically for educational professionals who wish to engage critically with new developments in teaching, and develop practice in their work context with academic and practical rigour.
MA Education at UEL
Through engagement in critical, analytical and reflective processes, participants will be able to:
* Develop their understanding of current thinking in relation to research and professional policy and practice
* Develop their ability to analyse, critique and develop their own and others practice
* Develop intellectual, organisational, personal, communication and professional skills
* Design and use research to contribute to improving practice in the context of their own role
Your future career
Teaching is set to become a postgraduate profession. The UK government have set a target in the for all teachers to have a Masters level qualification by 2018. Masters level qualifications are becoming increasingly important to career progression in many countries and is an internationally recognised qualification.
What is this programme designed to achieve?
This programme is designed to give you the opportunity to:
* provide a programme which supports participants to meet their development needs and interests with academic and practical rigour
* provide opportunities for education professionals to develop their professional knowledge and understanding in relation to their current and developing roles in the workplace
* engage participants in key educational processes underpinning development and action, such as critical analysis and reflection, critical enquiry and research, action planning and evaluation and collaborative learning.
* provide access to current knowledge, thinking and practice in the field of education
* provide opportunities for collaborative learning through structured activities and tutor support.
* enable education professionals to achieve greater recognition and credit for their work in the form of advanced professional qualifications at Master's level
* To provide opportunities for LA and school based CPD activities to be incorporated into a planned programme of study at masters level
What will you learn?
It is expected that by the end of the programme participants will have the ability to:
* demonstrate a systematic understanding of knowledge and a critical awareness of issues relating to educational development and the management of learning
* critically reflect on their professional values, concerns, priorities and actions and to understand them in broader social, political and economic contexts
* demonstrate a conceptual understanding of approaches to research in professional practice and learning and an ability to critique them
* critically evaluate current research in education
* demonstrate originality in the interpretation and application of knowledge and research in professional practice and learning
Subject-Based Practical skills/ skills for life and work (general skills)
* deal with complex professional issues systematically and creatively
* use research to inform the development of practice
* demonstrate self-direction and originality in tackling and solving problems
* demonstrate a capacity to direct and sustain their continuing professional development.
* an ability to communicate conclusions clearly to a wide range of audiences and for different purposes
Entry requirements are flexible to allow for credit to be given to work based learning through AEL (Accreditation of Experiential Learning)
* have a degree (normally honours, normally 2:2) awarded by a UK University or a recognised degree-equivalent qualification
* show that a significant part of each week is spent in an educational workplace
Applicants will be advised in discussion which route to take (see what you will study when)
IMPORTANT NOTE: Per 6 April 2015 only the English language tests from IELTS and Trinity College London are accepted for Tier 4 Visa applications to the United Kingdom. Other tests (including TOEFL, TOEIC, Pearson, City & Guilds) are no longer accepted for Tier 4 visa applications to the United Kingdom. The university might still accept these tests to admit you to the university, but if you require a Tier 4 visa to enter the UK and begin your degree programme, these tests will not be sufficient to obtain your Visa. Since the Trinity College London language tests must be taken in one of their exam centres in the UK, IELTS is now the only language test accepted for Tier 4 visas to the UK that can be taken worldwide.
Sign in to find more related scholarships for this programme.
Not a member yet? Create an account and join +150 000 StudyPortals members.
Fortunately enough I was able to find StudyPortals. Right from the start of the application to getting the confirmation of admission I was using StudyPortals.
Sign up for your personal newsletter and we will help you too.
We will send you all the information you need to find your dream study programme!