Receive relevant New and Updated programmes: Personal Updates !
|Tuition fee:|| |
|Start date:||February 2014, June 2014, September 2014|
|Duration full-time:||24 months|
|Delivery mode:||On Campus|
The MA in Education is designed specifically for educational professionals who wish to engage critically with new developments in teaching, and develop practice in their work context with academic and practical rigour.
MA Education at UEL
Through engagement in critical, analytical and reflective processes, participants will be able to:
* Develop their understanding of current thinking in relation to research and professional policy and practice
* Develop their ability to analyse, critique and develop their own and others practice
* Develop intellectual, organisational, personal, communication and professional skills
* Design and use research to contribute to improving practice in the context of their own role
Your future career
Teaching is set to become a postgraduate profession. The UK government have set a target in the for all teachers to have a Masters level qualification by 2018. Masters level qualifications are becoming increasingly important to career progression in many countries and is an internationally recognised qualification.
What is this programme designed to achieve?
This programme is designed to give you the opportunity to:
* provide a programme which supports participants to meet their development needs and interests with academic and practical rigour
* provide opportunities for education professionals to develop their professional knowledge and understanding in relation to their current and developing roles in the workplace
* engage participants in key educational processes underpinning development and action, such as critical analysis and reflection, critical enquiry and research, action planning and evaluation and collaborative learning.
* provide access to current knowledge, thinking and practice in the field of education
* provide opportunities for collaborative learning through structured activities and tutor support.
* enable education professionals to achieve greater recognition and credit for their work in the form of advanced professional qualifications at Master's level
* To provide opportunities for LA and school based CPD activities to be incorporated into a planned programme of study at masters level
What will you learn?
It is expected that by the end of the programme participants will have the ability to:
* demonstrate a systematic understanding of knowledge and a critical awareness of issues relating to educational development and the management of learning
* critically reflect on their professional values, concerns, priorities and actions and to understand them in broader social, political and economic contexts
* demonstrate a conceptual understanding of approaches to research in professional practice and learning and an ability to critique them
* critically evaluate current research in education
* demonstrate originality in the interpretation and application of knowledge and research in professional practice and learning
Subject-Based Practical skills/ skills for life and work (general skills)
* deal with complex professional issues systematically and creatively
* use research to inform the development of practice
* demonstrate self-direction and originality in tackling and solving problems
* demonstrate a capacity to direct and sustain their continuing professional development.
* an ability to communicate conclusions clearly to a wide range of audiences and for different purposes
Entry requirements are flexible to allow for credit to be given to work based learning through AEL (Accreditation of Experiential Learning)
* have a degree (normally honours, normally 2:2) awarded by a UK University or a recognised degree-equivalent qualification
* show that a significant part of each week is spent in an educational workplace
Applicants will be advised in discussion which route to take (see what you will study when)
|CAE score:||60 (Grade C)|
You are normally required to take an English Proficiency Test.
Most European Universities recognise the IELTS test.Take IELTS test
Using the form on this page, you can directly ask questions to the contactpersons at the university.
Fill out your contact information and message. The information you fill out in this form will be sent directly to the university. They will reply to you on the e-mail address you provide here.
mastersportal.eu cannot take any responsibility for the answering of contacts or for the content of their replies.