Receive relevant New and Updated programmes: Personal Updates !
The MA in Learning and Teaching in Higher Education is designed specifically for educational professionals who are new to teaching in higher education. The programme also provides CPD opportunities for experienced lecturers in higher education. It provides an opportunity to engage critically with new developments in teaching, and to develop practice in a work context with academic and practical rigour.
PgCert/PgDip/MA Learning and Teaching in Higher Education at UEL
Through engagement in critical, analytical and reflective processes, participants will be able to:
* Develop their understanding of current thinking in relation to research and professional policy and practice
* Develop their ability to analyse, critique and develop their own and others practice
* Develop intellectual, organisational, personal, communication and professional skills
* Design and use research to contribute to improving practice in the context of their own role
The typical duration of this programme is 1 year full-time or 2 years part-time. The PgCert is normally completed in one year part-time, the PgDip in a further year on the part-time route, with the masters dissertation can be taken during the final summer semester.
This programme is designed to give you the opportunity to:
The MA in Learning and Teaching in Higher Education programme aims to:
* provide a programme which support participants to meet their professional needs and interests with academic and practical rigour
* provide opportunities for those who teach and support learning in higher education to develop their professional knowledge and understanding in relation to their current and developing roles
* engage participants in key educational processes underpinning development and action, such as critical analysis and reflection, critical enquiry and research, action planning and evaluation and collaborative learning.
* provide access to current knowledge, thinking and practice in the field of learning and teaching in higher education
* provide opportunities for collaborative learning through structured activities and tutor support.
* enable teachers and those who support learning in higher education to achieve greater recognition and credit for their work through membership of the HEA
What will you learn?
It is expected that by the end of the programme participants will have the ability to:
* Demonstrate a conceptual understanding of theories of learning and a critical awareness of their use in informing approaches to learning and teaching in higher education.
* Evaluate, select and use an increasing range of learning and teaching strategies, and explain why they are appropriate to the teaching context
* Demonstrate a conceptual understanding of knowledge and a critical awareness of issues relating to equality and diversity, inclusivity, and widening participation in higher education.
* Critically evaluate research in learning and teaching in higher education and use it to inform the development of practice
* Evaluate their practice and continuing professional development.
* Engage with and learn from others within the subject and from within the wider higher education community
* Evaluate, select and use an increasing range of strategies used in formative and summative assessment, student feedback and guidance to support student learning
* Engage with and evaluate the effectiveness of policies, quality assurance and learning enhancement initiatives in HE for their effectiveness in supporting student learning
* Demonstrate a critical approach to designing effective environments, student support and guidance, and learning communities, that enhance the student learning experience.
In addition to the above:
* Demonstrate depth and breadth of knowledge in a range of critical issues in the practice of teaching and supporting learning in HE
* Demonstrate a conceptual understanding of approaches to research in professional practice and learning and an ability to critique them
In addition to the above:
* Demonstrate self-direction and originality in tackling and solving problems
* Demonstrate the ability to plan and undertake a research project relevant to learning and teaching in higher education, in the context of the participants role and/or practice.
* have a degree (normally honours) awarded by a UK University or a recognised degree-equivalent qualification
* show that that 50 hours or more per year is spent teaching / supporting learning in higher education
Applicants with a minimum of three years experience will be considered for direct entry at PG Dip level
AEL - Applicants with appropriate learning experiences will need to present credit through the AEL process and all credit must relate to the programme aims and learning outcomes.
|CAE score:||60(Grade A)|
You are normally required to take an English Proficiency Test.
Most European Universities recognise the IELTS test.Take IELTS test
Using the form on this page, you can directly ask questions to the contactpersons at the university.
Fill out your contact information and message. The information you fill out in this form will be sent directly to the university. They will reply to you on the e-mail address you provide here.
mastersportal.eu cannot take any responsibility for the answering of contacts or for the content of their replies.