|Application deadline:||As early as possible|
|Tuition fee:|| |
|Start date:||September 2015|
|Duration full-time:||12 months|
|Delivery mode:||On Campus|
|Educational variant:||Part-time, Full-time|
Become a StudyPortals member and get access to exclusive information, like scholarships, related to your favourite programme!
Are you already a StudyPortals Member?
Find all members only information here
* Research-led teaching: courses on the International Relations MA are designed and taught by international renowned researchers in International Relations, Contemporary History, and Law.
* The department hosts an active guest lecture series featuring leading scholars and thinkers in the area of International Relations, Politics, and History.
* Students takings the Brunel MA in International Relations will have the opportunity to become members of the leading British think-tank, Chatham House.
International Relations presents policy-makers and scholars with a wide range of issues that require analysis and evaluation. Students graduating with a masters degree in International Relations will be equipped to understand and interpret these issues more deeply and to think creatively about the challenges facing the world in the twenty-first century.
All students take the module 'Evolution of International Relations' designed to set out the conceptual foundations of the subject and three optional modules enabling specialist instruction in specific fields. Students develop their research skills through, in particular, completion of a dissertation on a subject of their choice within the field of International Relations.
Graduates of the MA International Relations at Brunel will be able to pursue careers in a wide range of organisations including government, international institutions, non-governmental organisations, business, research institutes and security. A number of masters students have also elected to pursue further study at doctoral level.
The Brunel MA in International Relations aims to develop students' knowledge of this evolving discipline and to provide students with the opportunity to study topics across its key sub-fields.
* The Evolution of International Relations
Students must also select three optional modules from the list below:
* China and the World
* Democracy, War and Intervention
* Imperialism and Culture
* The United States in World Affairs, 1945-2001
* Intelligence Concepts: Issues and Institutions
* The United Nations Human Rights Regime (term 1) + Theory and Practice of Human Rights (term 2). (These two 15 credit modules are taught by the Law department and must be taken together).
* Influencing Public Policy: UK Governance in Transnational World
* Public Policy and the Challenges of Cultural Diversity
* War in History: 1789 to Present
* The Second World War
* Intelligence History: Failure and Success
A UK first or 2:1 Honours degree or equivalent internationally recognised qualification in a social science or related discipline. Applicants with a 2.1 in a non-related discipline in which essays are not a core mode of assessment (e.g. maths, natural sciences) will be considered on an individual basis.
Applicants with a 2.1 Honours degree or or equivalent internationally recognised qualification in a non related discipline but that have some relevant work experience will be considered on an individual basis
Applicants who hold a UK (2:2) Honours degree or equivalent internationally recognised qualification in a social science or related discipline with some relevant work experience will be considered on an individual basis.
English Language Requirements
* IELTS: 6.5 (min 6 in all areas)
* Pearson: 58 (51 in all subscores)
* BrunELT: 65% (min 60% in all areas)
IMPORTANT NOTE: Per 6 April 2015 only the English language tests from IELTS and Trinity College London are accepted for Tier 4 Visa applications to the United Kingdom. Other tests (including TOEFL, TOEIC, Pearson, City & Guilds) are no longer accepted for Tier 4 visa applications to the United Kingdom. The university might still accept these tests to admit you to the university, but if you require a Tier 4 visa to enter the UK and begin your degree programme, these tests will not be sufficient to obtain your Visa. Since the Trinity College London language tests must be taken in one of their exam centres in the UK, IELTS is now the only language test accepted for Tier 4 visas to the UK that can be taken worldwide.
Sign in to find more related scholarships for this programme.
Not a member yet? Create an account and join +150 000 StudyPortals members.
Fortunately enough I was able to find StudyPortals. Right from the start of the application to getting the confirmation of admission I was using StudyPortals.
Sign up for your personal newsletter and we will help you too.
We will send you all the information you need to find your dream study programme!