|Tuition fee:|| |
|Start date:||September 2015, February 2016|
|Duration full-time:||5 months|
|Delivery mode:||On Campus|
|Educational variant:||Part-time, Full-time|
Become a StudyPortals member and get access to exclusive information, like scholarships, related to your favourite programme!
Are you already a StudyPortals Member?
Find all members only information here
The programme aims to:
* Provide students with a critical insight into the skills required to lead change, facilitate workforce re-design and introduce service innovation.
Topics covered include:
* Team management
* Role redesign
* Workforce planning
* Learning theories and their application in practice
* Different ways of learning and teaching
* Principles of assessment and evaluation
* Relationships between course planning and Educational and Professional frameworks
* Development and application of relevant learning resources and strategies
* Principles of Continuing Professional development
The programme is interdisciplinary and students work together exploring the contribution each discipline makes to service delivery. Through this approach students will develop a better understanding of other disciplines and develop approaches to working together to provide a patient led service.
The programme forms part of our Post Graduate Framework for Health Professions, which offers a wide range of accredited short courses and modules focused around patient centred care and evidence based practice.
Full time Students complete the programme in 5 months.
Part time students may take one to three years - undertaking modules at a pace to suit their busy lives.
Students are required to complete two core modules:-
* Leading and managing clinical teams
* Optimising Skill mix through work based learning
The modules are studied through a variety of activities including keynote lectures, seminars, workshops, web-based learning. Self direction is encouraged from the beginning and develops throughout the modules.
The modules use:-
* Presentations, which encourage students to communicate their novel ideas, make interpretations and develop critical awareness with their peers from across the disciplines
* Case studies which encourage the students to review and evaluate their own practice
This Masters level programme has been developed in accordance with underlying principles currently held at the forefront of the professional and academic disciplines. Students are asked to show originality in the application of knowledge and understanding of how the boundaries of knowledge are advanced through practice.
* Written assignments presenting critical accounts of management style and workforce planning
* Portfolio evidencing activities to promote and support development of individuals
Students will all have:-
* a first degree in a health related discipline classified as second class or above
* professional registration with the relevant regulatory body from their home country and/ or
* current membership of the relevant Professional Body
* relevant work experience is desirable but the applicants overall profile will be considered during the admissions process.
We anticipate that the programme and modules offered may be of interest to a range of health disciplines including allied health professionals, nurses, medics and health service managers.
In the case of applicants whose first language is not English, then IELTS 6.5 (or equivalent) is required. International qualifications will be checked for appropriate matriculation to UK Higher Education postgraduate programmes.
Students who apply to enter stages of the programme may be admitted through normal Accreditation of Experiential Learning (AEL) or Accreditation of Certificated Learning (ACL) processes, or through an approved articulation agreement. Therefore such applicants must be able to demonstrate and evidence that they have the required learning outcomes as listed in the modules for which they are seeking exemption.
| CAE score: (read more) |
Cambridge English: Advanced (CAE) is part of the Cambridge English suite and is targeted at a high level (IELTS 6.5-8.0). It is an international English language exam set at the right level for academic and professional success. Developed by Cambridge English Language Assessment - part of the University of Cambridge - it helps you stand out from the crowd as a high achiever.
|180 (Grade C)|
IMPORTANT NOTE: Since April 2014 the ETS tests (including TOEFL and TOEIC) are no longer accepted for Tier 4 visa applications to the United Kingdom. The university might still accept these tests to admit you to the university, but if you require a Tier 4 visa to enter the UK and begin your degree programme, these tests will not be sufficient to obtain your Visa.
Sign in to find all related scholarships and all information about funding here.
Not a member yet? Create an account and join +150 000 StudyPortals members.