|Tuition fee:|| |
|Start date:||September 2015, February 2016|
|Duration full-time:||6 months|
|Delivery mode:||On Campus|
|Educational variant:||Part-time, Full-time|
Become a StudyPortals member and get access to exclusive information, like scholarships, related to your favourite programme!
Are you already a StudyPortals Member?
Find all members only information here
This programme was historically delivered at University College London as the MSc in Neurophysiotherapy under the direction of Dr. Margaret Mayston and in consultation with Dr. Mayston, we have developed this programme to incorporate emerging interventions and innovative clinical practice. This modular programme offers continuing professional development for therapists with an interest and some experience in the clinical management of neurological conditions including stroke and long-term neurological conditions.
The aim of the programme is to extend clinical competency in this area of work and to help participants develop specialised theoretical and practical knowledge and skills which are directly applicable to their work practice. All students take two core modules.
* Clinical Practice in Neurological Rehabilitation
This clinical practice module provides opportunity to engage in specialised practice and critically discuss the evidence base for practice. The module incorporates current theoretical and evidence-based approaches to management of neurological conditions and provision of specialist rehabiitation services.
2 . Neurological Theory and Evidence Based Practice
This module provides opportunity to develop specialised knowledge of neurological conditions, critically evaluate concepts and exisiting and emerging knowledge pertinent to the management of neurological conditions within the context of interdisciplinary team work. The programme is therefore, designed to give clinicians the opportunity to explore and evaluate the evidence base for their practice enabling them to develop more effective and innovative approaches to practice.
The programme forms part of our Post Graduate Framework for Health Professions which offers a wide range of accredited short courses and modules focused around patient centred care and evidence based practice.
Full time Students complete the programme in 5 months.
Part time students may take one to three years - undertaking modules at a pace to suit their busy lives.
Students are required to complete two core modules:-
* Clinical Practice in Neurological Rehabilitation
* Neurological Theory and Evidence Based Practice
* A wide variety of activities including lectures, seminars, workshops, web-based learning and practice-based learning are incorporated in this programme to provide an interesting and stimulating learning environment.
* Students are expected to read extensively in their own time- both tutor-directed reading in preparation for lectures/seminars and self-directed reading in relation to the perceived learning needs and clinical interests.
* Student learning will be supported by tutors, both in the academic and clinical environment. Where appropriate, computer assisted and web-based support will be provided to facilitate independent study.
This Masters level programme has been developed in accordance with underlying principles currently held at the forefront of the professional and academic disciplines. Students are asked to show originality in the application of knowledge and understanding of how the boundaries of knowledge are advanced through practice.
* Practice Based Examination that assesses specialised theoretical and practical knowledge and skills and critical evaluation of current and emerging evidence in the management of neurological conditions.
* Written assignments that present a current view of research and innovation in practice and critically evaluate the evidence to support therapeutic interventions and their impact upon the central nervous system. Additionally a case study will explore the contribution of members of the inter-professional team to the rehabilitation process
Students will all have:-
* A first degree in a professional health discipline classified as second class or above
* Current registration with relevant UK Regulatory body
* Relevant work experience is desirable but the applicants overall profile will be considered during the admissions process
We anticipate that the programme and modules offered may be of interest to a range of health disciplines including Physiotherapists, Podiatrists, Occupational Therapists, Rehabilitation Nurses, and Medics. In the case of applicants whose first language is not English, then IELTS 6.5 (or equivalent) is required. International qualifications will be checked for appropriate matriculation to UK Higher Education postgraduate programmes.
Students who apply to enter stages of the programme may be admitted through normal Accreditation of Experiential Learning (AEL) or Accreditation of Certificated Learning (ACL) processes, or through an approved articulation agreement. Therefore such applicants must be able to demonstrate and evidence that they have the required learning outcomes as listed in the modules for which they are seeking exemption.
| CAE score: (read more) |
Cambridge English: Advanced (CAE) is part of the Cambridge English suite and is targeted at a high level (IELTS 6.5-8.0). It is an international English language exam set at the right level for academic and professional success. Developed by Cambridge English Language Assessment - part of the University of Cambridge - it helps you stand out from the crowd as a high achiever.
|180 (Grade C)|
IMPORTANT NOTE: Per 6 April 2015 only the English language tests from IELTS and Trinity College London are accepted for Tier 4 Visa applications to the United Kingdom. Other tests (including TOEFL, TOEIC, Pearson, City & Guilds) are no longer accepted for Tier 4 visa applications to the United Kingdom. The university might still accept these tests to admit you to the university, but if you require a Tier 4 visa to enter the UK and begin your degree programme, these tests will not be sufficient to obtain your Visa. Since the Trinity College London language tests must be taken in one of their exam centres in the UK, IELTS is now the only language test accepted for Tier 4 visas to the UK that can be taken worldwide.
Sign in to find more related scholarships for this programme.
Not a member yet? Create an account and join +150 000 StudyPortals members.
Fortunately enough I was able to find StudyPortals. Right from the start of the application to getting the confirmation of admission I was using StudyPortals.
Sign up for your personal newsletter and we will help you too.
We will send you all the information you need to find your dream study programme!