Become a StudyPortals member and get access to exclusive information, like scholarships and student reviews, related to your favourite programme!
Are you already a StudyPortals Member?
Find all members only information here
The new programme is particular timely given the increasing emphasis placed on the utilization of physical activity and sport as a means to improving health (e.g. obesity reduction and prevention). The MSc offers expert postgraduate training to meet the needs of professional exercise scientists and those who wish to achieve this level in their careers.
The programme provides you with the opportunity to examine biological, psycho-social and socio-cultural variables with a view to develop in-depth knowledge and skills in a particular area of interest within the discipline.
MSc Exercise Science and Health at UEL:
This is one of six programmes on a modular MSc scheme: Education in Health & Social Care, Health Promotion (HP), Public Health (PH), Physiotherapy and a combination of HP with PH being the others (see separate Programme specs). For successful completion of the Masters programme, students will complete four taught modules comprising 2 core modules, 1 programme specific optional module and 1 other module (which can be either the second programme specific option or an elective module) and also a research dissertation within their chosen subject.
The Foundations in Research module is core for all programmes and the second core module is programme specific. The core module for the MSc in Exercise Science and Health is Physical Activity and Exercise. Full details of the MSc Programmes are available on request.
* One year full time or two years part time for MSc and PG Diploma.
* One year part time for PG Certificate.
* Part time students take one optional module in semester A and one in semester B. In year two they take one optional module in semester A and the research skill module in semester B. The project is carried out in year 2.
* Taught modules are delivered in a semesterised system, with semesters running from September to January and February to June. The research projects will run through the summer period
* Learning is encouraged through participation in a wide variety of activities including lectures, seminars, workshops, laboratory-based practicals, web-based learning etc.
* In addition all students are expected to read extensively in their own time. Much of this reading will be directed.
* Success at university depends on developing your ability to study independently using library resources, Computer-assisted learning (CAL), handouts and web-based study activities.
* These skills are reinforced in modules in the first semester. These enable us to assess your independent learning needs at university, and also help to develop those transferable skills so important in working life. The skills with which you start the programme may vary considerably between individuals, so your personal tutor will direct your skills development work on an individual basis.
* Students are assessed in practical work and theory.
* In taught modules 40% of the module mark is derived from coursework during the semester (this can take a variety of forms including laboratory work, data analysis, essays, oral presentations etc.) and the remaining 60% from written theory examinations at the end of the semester.
* The Research Skills module is assessed by coursework involving a variety of forms of presentation.
* The Research Project is assessed mainly by the final written report, with contributions from a poster presentation and portfolio.
* The pass mark for all modules is 50%
For entry to this programme, students are required to have qualifications equivalent to a honours degree from a UK university in a relevant subject or experience. For overseas students there is a requirement for an IELTS score of 6.5 or higher (or equivalent), TOEFL score of 650 or an equivalent. Applicants whose qualifications do not conform to these criteria may be admitted to the programme at the admission tutors discretion which will normally involve an interview.
| CAE score: (read more) |
Cambridge English: Advanced (CAE) is part of the Cambridge English suite and is targeted at a high level (IETLS 6.5-8.0). It is an international English language exam set at the right level for academic and professional success. Developed by Cambridge English Language Assessment - part of the University of Cambridge - it helps you stand out from the crowd as a high achiever.
|60 (Grade C)|
|TOEFL paper-based test score :||650|
Using the form on this page, you can directly ask questions to the contact persons at the university.
Fill out your contact information and message. The information you fill out in this form will be sent directly to the university. They will reply to you on the e-mail address you provide here.
mastersportal.eu cannot take any responsibility for the answering of contacts or for the content of their replies.