|Application deadline:||as early as possible|
|Tuition fee:|| |
|Start date:||January 2015, September 2015|
|Credits (ECTS):||180 ECTS|
|Duration full-time:||12 months|
|Delivery mode:||On Campus|
|Educational variant:||Part-time, Full-time|
Become a StudyPortals member and get access to exclusive information, like scholarships and student reviews, related to your favourite programme!
Are you already a StudyPortals Member?
Find all members only information here
The Brunel MBA is a flexible programme designed to hone your development and enhance your value as a manager in an increasingly competitive job market. You can use the Brunel MBA to provide you with the necessary skills to advance your chosen career, to make a career change or to start or grow your own business.
It is designed to meet the needs of managers in the private or public sector who wish to develop skills and advance their understanding of the theory and practice of business and management in preparation for a senior management position.
The Brunel MBA is one of a distinguished minority of MBA programmes in the UK to have achieved accreditation by AMBA (The Association of MBAs) the leading accreditation body in the UK. It is designed to meet the needs of managers in the private or public sector who wish to develop skills and advance their understanding of the theory and practice of business and management in preparation for a senior management position.
The Master of Business Administration (MBA) is recognised worldwide as the pre-eminent business practice development qualification for aspiring senior managers.
The entire programme is designed to equip you with knowledge, skills, understanding, confidence and energy, to tackle the difficult demands which organisations face in
today´s rapidly changing business environment. Our MBA graduates consider the programme to be highly stimulating, intellectually challenging and a genuinely life-changing experience. And it is well respected by employers too.
The richness of the Brunel MBA curriculum is based on the key business concepts that can help managers and CEOs alike develop the expertise required to lead and manage in the international business context. The highly commended Leadership MasterClass Series and the Career Development Programme combined with over 500 hours of student-tutor direct (teaching) contact hours successfully maintain the balance between theory and practise and reflect the Schools ambitions for its graduates.
The Brunel MBA academic component comprises core modules, followed by elective modules in General Management, Healthcare or Aviation and is crowned by a Business Project.
* MBA Modules
* The MBA Business Project
* Leadership Masterclass Series
* Career Development Programme
The Brunel MBA recruits managers and other professionals of high calibre who can both benefit from and contribute to an intellectually challenging management development programme.
Applicants should normally:
* Have a 2.1 (or above) UK Honours degree or international equivalent
* Have a minimum of three years' full time work experience at managerial or professional level in managing people, budget or other resources following a degree It is important for candidates to clarify that they have significant / focused sector experience with responsibility for people, budget or other resources which is supportable by official documentary evidence.
As an example, the list of acceptable job roles and sectors are considered (other managerial positions may be considered on an individual basis and may be subject to interview):
* IT-based experience: software engineers, analyst/programmers, business analysts, developers
* any type of programme / project management / advisory role or responsibility
* any type of senior administrative or public sector role: this may include team leads, supervisors, directors and equivalent in a range of organisations (from councils, through to charities and NGOs, or even SMEs)
* professionally qualified (senior) individuals: healthcare professionals (includes medics, clinicians, GPs, dentists, psychiatrists, nurses), aviation professionals (pilots, air crew, ground handling managers and supervisors, catering managers, suppliers, procurement professionals, cargo managers), engineers (civil engineers, mechanical engineers, electrical engineers, aeronautical engineers - all at either chartered or practicing status), local government or public body workers, candidates who hold other professional body qualifications (e.g. any of the chartered institutes or overseas equivalents), military personnel (at NCO or CO level)
* significant (minimum 7 years & subject to an interview by the MBA Director) / focused sector experience: always look to see if there is a "trend" of working in a particular sector - has the individual moved within companies in the field, or has been working towards increasingly specialisation for example
If academic criteria have not been satisfactorily met we may consider (subject to an interview by the MBA Director):
* If 2.2 and 5 or more years of required senior managerial or professional level work experience in managing people, budget or other resources - GMAT score of 550 or Brunel MBA Admissions Test essay followed by a telephonic interview
* If more than 10 years of required managerial or professional level work experience in managing people, budget or other resources - Brunel MBA Admissions Test essay followed by a telephonic interview
* If 2.2 and less than 5 years of required managerial or professional level work experience in managing people, budget or other resources - LIBT pre-masters qualification
We reserve the right to request a GMAT test from applicants who do not meet our academic entry criteria, in such cases we would ask for a GMAT score of at least 550. We also reserve the right to interview candidates either in person or other the phone.
English Language Requirements:
* IELTS: 6.5 (min 6 in all areas)
* TOEFL Paper test: 580 (TWE 4.5)
* TOEFL Internet test: 92 (R20, L20, S20, W20)
* Pearson: 58 (51 in all subscores)
* BrunELT 65% (min 60% in all areas)
Brunel also offers our own BrunELT English Test and accept a range of other language courses. We also have a range of Pre-sessional English language courses, for students who do not meet these requirements, or who wish to improve their English.
| CAE score: (read more) |
Cambridge English: Advanced (CAE) is part of the Cambridge English suite and is targeted at a high level (IETLS 6.5-8.0). It is an international English language exam set at the right level for academic and professional success. Developed by Cambridge English Language Assessment - part of the University of Cambridge - it helps you stand out from the crowd as a high achiever.
|60 (Grade C)|
|TOEFL paper-based test score :||580|
|TOEFL iBT® test:||92|
IMPORTANT NOTE: Since April 2014 the ETS tests (including TOEFL and TOEIC) are no longer accepted for Tier 4 visa applications to the United Kingdom. The university might still accept these tests to admit you to the university, but if you require a Tier 4 visa to enter the UK and begin your degree programme, these tests will not be sufficient to obtain your Visa.