Become a StudyPortals member and get access to exclusive information, like scholarships and student reviews, related to your favourite programme!
Are you already a StudyPortals Member?
Find all members only information here
The MA in Education is designed specifically for educational professionals who wish to engage critically with new developments in teaching, and develop practice in their work context with academic and practical rigour.
MA Education at UEL
Through engagement in critical, analytical and reflective processes, participants will be able to:
* Develop their understanding of current thinking in relation to research and professional policy and practice
* Develop their ability to analyse, critique and develop their own and others practice
* Develop intellectual, organisational, personal, communication and professional skills
* Design and use research to contribute to improving practice in the context of their own role
Your future career
Teaching is set to become a postgraduate profession. The UK government have set a target in the for all teachers to have a Masters level qualification by 2018. Masters level qualifications are becoming increasingly important to career progression in many countries and is an internationally recognised qualification.
Participants will have the opportunity to engage in face to face seminars, workshops and lectures as well as collaborative activities and discussions in a virtual learning environment.
All M level modules are assessed by the submission of a single portfolio of 5,000 words or equivalent.
Relevance to work/profession
Supports development and demonstrates achievement in relation to:
* Advanced skills teacher (AST) standards;
* Induction standards;
* Performance threshold standards.
Supports development in relation to your local and national context.
The dissertation provides an opportunity to undertake a research project relevant to educational development in the context of the participants role and/or practice.
The integration of theory and practice provides opportunities for participants to personalise their learning and address areas of interest and challenge in the context of their work. The pedagogy of the programme includes a focus upon collaborative learning which supports participants to address current issues and problems through the strength of collective knowledge, experience and expertise.
Entry requirements are flexible to allow for credit to be given to work based learning through AEL (Accreditation of Experiential Learning)
* have a degree (normally honours, normally 2:2) awarded by a UK University or a recognised degree-equivalent qualification
* show that a significant part of each week is spent in an educational workplace
|CAE score:||60 (Grade C)|
Using the form on this page, you can directly ask questions to the contact persons at the university.
Fill out your contact information and message. The information you fill out in this form will be sent directly to the university. They will reply to you on the e-mail address you provide here.
mastersportal.eu cannot take any responsibility for the answering of contacts or for the content of their replies.