Receive relevant New and Updated programmes: Personal Updates !
|Application deadline:||as early as possible|
|Tuition fee:|| |
|Start date:||September 2014|
|Credits:|| 180 ECTS |
|Duration full-time:||12 months|
|Delivery mode:||On Campus|
|Educational variant:||Part-time, Full-time|
This MA allows you to specialise in one of six different fields. Your chosen area of specialisation will determine your award title, which may be either:
* Educational Management,
* Gifted Education,
* Information Technology in Education,
* Primary Education,
* Secondary Education and
* Special Educational Needs.
The MA in Education award enables you to:
* identify problems and questions in areas of interest and to design study plans or research strategies to deal with them;
* undertake a high-level, critical evaluation of educational theory and practice;
* develop the skills and confidence to enhance professional practice in learning organisations;
* undertake a critical and informed evaluation of relevant research.
The MA in Education award is designed for those with a broad interest in education. Three core modules cover the central issues of educational research: Assessment, Learning and Teaching and Professional Education. Three option modules can be selected from those on offer in the programme. The Dissertation module allows you to undertake a substantial, critically-informed, independent research assignment in a particular area of educational study.
Candidates who are successful on the MA programme, particularly in their dissertation, may apply for entry to higher degrees, including the taught Doctorate of Education or the research-based PhD.
The programme has a flexible structure which meets individual student needs, and includes: core modules covering the central issues of educational study and research, option modules which provide breadth of study and a dissertation module which allows for specialist study in an area of your choice.
The organising principles which underpin the programme provide links between the MA modules and our research strengths.
These research strengths are in the areas of:
* Professional Education
* Enhancing Teaching and Learning
* Inclusive Education
The MA in Education is designed to enable you to identify problems and questions in areas of interest and to design study plans and research strategies to deal with them. It will help you to develop skills and enhanced professional practice within learning organisations, and will offer you effective support undertaking research in a particular area of educational study.
Modules (all core)
* Foundation Disciplines in Education
* Literature and Policy Analysis
* Action Research
* Research Methods in Education
Main topics of study: the work of educational professionals as research-informed activity; beginning the process of inquiry; the idea of experiment; surveys; interpretative research, case studies and interviewing; ethnography and observation; evaluation; action research.
All students enrolled on the MA in Education award will be offered a choice of focus for their dissertation which allows them to opt for a specialist MA in Education award.
Recent examples of dissertations by students taking this course include:
* Evaluation of a project in ICT;
* An investigation of teaching programmes for children with dyslexia;
* Provision for gifted and talented pupils.
Usually a first degree with appropriate professional experience. Suitably qualified candidates from other related professions will be considered. Associate students who register for individual modules may progress to the Master's course by successfully completing four modules.
English Language Requirements
* Brunel English Language Test (BrunELTS) - 60% overall, minimum 50% in each section
* IELTS - 6.0 overall, minimum 5.0 in each section
* TOEFL (Computer based) - 213 plus TWE 4
* TOEFL (Internet Based) - 79, minimum of 15 in each section
* TOEFL (Paper Based) - 550 plus TWE 4
|CAE score:||60 (Grade C)|
|TOEFL paper-based test score:||550|
|TOEFL computer-based test score:||213|
|TOEFL iBT® test:||79|
The Brunel International Scholarship
The Brunel International Scholarship is an annual award scheme designed to promote talent and encourage excellence in scholars coming to Brunel from around the globe. For 2010/11, 35 awards of either £3,000 or £2,000 are available to both undergraduate and postgraduate students who have been offered a place on a full-time course at Brunel.
All applications must be submitted online before 26 May 2010.
Bursaries may be available from your School, and your course director once you have secured and accepted a place on a course for information on any funding opportunities.
* A limited number of part-scholarships of £1,500 are available for the MA programmes in Music and Drama. Details will be sent to candidates who have confirmed their intention to study at Brunel in the 2010/11 academic year.
* The Leaders of Tomorrow PhD Bursary in Human Centred Design is supported by a donation from Brunel graduate and philanthropist Peter Ilori. The bursary provides £5,000 of financial support towards the study fees of high-achieving graduates who wish to pursue a PhD in Human Centred Design. Selection is based on the quality of applicants´ PhD study proposal.
Extra-curricular scholarships do not cover living costs or tuition fees. They are available to both taught and research students.
A number of Music Awards to help cover music tuition costs are made each year to students who are not studying music performance as part of their academic course.
The Brunel Sports Scholarship helps elite performance athletes by supporting their academic study and sporting needs simultaneously.
You are normally required to take an English Proficiency Test.
Most European Universities recognise the IELTS test.Take IELTS test
Using the form on this page, you can directly ask questions to the contactpersons at the university.
Fill out your contact information and message. The information you fill out in this form will be sent directly to the university. They will reply to you on the e-mail address you provide here.
mastersportal.eu cannot take any responsibility for the answering of contacts or for the content of their replies.