Become a StudyPortals member and get access to exclusive information, like scholarships and student reviews, related to your favourite programme!
Are you already a StudyPortals Member?
Find all members only information here
The new MSc is designed to provide essential research training for careers in economics and development, both for academic positions and in government and non-government organisations at the international and national level.
It provides a vibrant, state of the art, intellectually challenging and exciting programme in which students can acquire and apply a range of theoretical and applied techniques crucial to their interests and career ambitions in development economics.
The one year full time programme provides a sound training in best practice methods of theory and applications in development economics with special emphasis on emerging market economies, combined with the opportunity to study optional areas in depth. The dissertation component offers training in the transition to research.
* Emphasis on problem-solving and applying economics to development contexts.
* Provides a structured transition to independent research.
* Gives opportunity to work with leading researchers in the field.
* Joins a strong established research environment and postgraduate school.
* Provides the option of specific pathways in, for example, finance and health.
Compulsory core components:
* Emerging Market Macroeconomics
* Micro Development Theory
* Either Advanced Microeconomics or Applied Microeconomics
* International Macroeconomics
* Econometrics 1 & 2 or Statistics and Econometrics or Econometrics 1 and Applied Microeconometrics
In addition students choose thirty credits of options from:
* Applied Microeconometrics
* Cost-Benefit Analysis
* Development Project Appraisal
* Experimental Economics
* Development and Finance
* Finance and Investment
* Game Theory Economic Applications
* Health and Development
* Health Care Management
* Labour Economics
* Public Finance
* Public Sector Economics: Microeconomic Applications
Minimum entry criterion is the equivalent of an upper second class degree primarily in economics.
English Language Requirements
The department's normal English language requirements, are (a) an IELTS result of 6.5 or (b) a TOEFL result of 600 if paper-based, 250 if CBT and 100 if iBT, or (c) A, B, and C Cambridge Certificate of Proficiency in English.
For those applicants who have already achieved an IELTS 6.0 and only need a 0.5 increase to make their offers unconditional, the University has approved a limited system of admission through satisfactory completion of the English for Academic and Research Purposes course (EARP1). The course is offered by the Centre for English Language Teaching and after successful completion of it and upon passing the end-of-course test, students will enter the Department directly and they do not need to re-take IELTS at the end of August.
|CAE score:||80 (Grade A)|
|TOEFL paper-based test score:||600|
|TOEFL computer-based test score:||250|
|TOEFL iBT® test:||100|
Using the form on this page, you can directly ask questions to the contact persons at the university.
Fill out your contact information and message. The information you fill out in this form will be sent directly to the university. They will reply to you on the e-mail address you provide here.
mastersportal.eu cannot take any responsibility for the answering of contacts or for the content of their replies.