|Tuition fee:|| |
|Start date:||September 2015|
|Duration full-time:||12 months|
|Delivery mode:||On Campus|
Become a StudyPortals member and get access to exclusive information, like scholarships, related to your favourite programme!
Are you already a StudyPortals Member?
Find all members only information here
The MSc Environmental Engineering course provides highly employable graduates who will act as leaders and managers serving the environmental needs of the process industries.
The programme examines environmental problems like toxic waste, air pollution, waste disposal, energy efficiency, contaminated land and water and equips graduates with a high level competency in process engineering design, environmental assessment, resource management and technological innovation.
The course offers to students with BEng, BSc or non-accredited engineering degrees the skills required to be eligible for Chartered Engineer status.
Offering a unique combination of engineering skills, the department
provides a strong and dynamic learning environment with close links
between research and teaching.
* Relevance to industry is a strong feature of the department, with a high proportion of teaching staff being chartered engineers and/or having relevant industrial experience, as well as ongoing research links to industry.
* Many of the projects carried out are sponsored by industry, and industrial sponsorship has been obtained over the years to help improve facilities.
The course follows a modular structure, with students completing 180 credits over a 12-month period. Students who take 70 credits of core modules, 20 credits of optional modules, a 30-credit development project providing skills in advanced design practice and a 60-credit summer project which develops skills in research.
Students will develop:
* important skills in harmonising the activities of industry and business with the protection and enhancement of the environment
* the ability the evaluate the significance of environmental hazards, advise on treatment and containment, and develop the technologies and regulations that help prevent and contain accidents
* a solid understanding of existing technologies, and an appreciation of the economic, legal, social and ethical aspects of the environmental challenges
* skills in research, project management, problem solving and reporting, as well as exercising original thought.
* the ability to plan and undertake a research project
The MSc Environmental Engineering is taught on a full-time basis over one year, commencing in September.
Most applicants have an engineering first degree, and the most common include environmental and/or chemical engineering.Core Modules
* MSc Project
* Accelerated Design Training
* Research Planning
* Environmental Risk Assessment
* Air Pollution
* Contaminated Land
* Water Treatment
* Water Treatment Engineering
* Power Risk Benefit and Analysis
* Power Generation and Carbon Capture
* Petroleum Production Engineering
* Energy Storage
* Natural Hazards
* Wind Engineering
Please note that all module details are subject to change.
* Entry requirements:2.1 (Upper 2nd class honours degree or international equivalent)
* Including:Engineering or Physical Science
* Excluding:Non Science / Engineering qualifications
* Other requirements:Applicants with a high 2.2 (lower second class honours degree or international equivalent) with substantial work experience may be considered.
* IELTS:6.0 (no less than 5.5 in any element)
* Pearson Test of English (PTE) Academic:55 (minimum 51)
IMPORTANT NOTE: Per 6 April 2015 only the English language tests from IELTS and Trinity College London are accepted for Tier 4 Visa applications to the United Kingdom. Other tests (including TOEFL, TOEIC, Pearson, City & Guilds) are no longer accepted for Tier 4 visa applications to the United Kingdom. The university might still accept these tests to admit you to the university, but if you require a Tier 4 visa to enter the UK and begin your degree programme, these tests will not be sufficient to obtain your Visa. Since the Trinity College London language tests must be taken in one of their exam centres in the UK, IELTS is now the only language test accepted for Tier 4 visas to the UK that can be taken worldwide.
Sign in to find more related scholarships for this programme.
Not a member yet? Create an account and join +150 000 StudyPortals members.
Fortunately enough I was able to find StudyPortals. Right from the start of the application to getting the confirmation of admission I was using StudyPortals.
Sign up for your personal newsletter and we will help you too.
We will send you all the information you need to find your dream study programme!