|Application deadline:||Non-EU: December 15; EU/EEA: April 15; Excellence Scholarships: December 15|
|Tuition fee:|| |
|Start date:||September 2015, February 2016|
|Credits (ECTS):||120 ECTS|
|Duration full-time:||24 months|
|Delivery mode:||On Campus|
Become a StudyPortals member and get access to exclusive information, like scholarships, related to your favourite programme!
Are you already a StudyPortals Member?
Find all members only information here
The MSc in Management, Technology and Economics is intended for students with a Bachelor degree in engineering, mathematics or natural sciences who wish to focus on business and management subjects
In the first three semesters, students take courses in core subjects from six competence areas:
* General Management and Human Resource Management
* Marketing, Technology and Innovation Management
* Information Management and Operations Management
* Quantitative and Qualitative Methods
* Financial Management
* Core subjects, electives and specialisations from six competence areas
* Supplementary subjects to enhance the technical and/or scientific knowledge acquired in the Bachelor´s degree programme
* Industrial work placement of at least 10 weeks
* Master´s thesis project (6 months, at ETH Zurich or in industry)
Core subjects are courses in the six competence areas. They support the ability to think and act creatively and systematically in a wide ragne of disciplines. The courses are distributed over the fourth year. Within the single areas there is a limited choice; core subjects make up half of the courses.
Students can choose further courses from the course programmes of the D-MTEC and other ETH departments. A certain number of electives must be chosen from within the programme covering the chosen field of specialisation.
* Programme in the field of specialisation: Individually combined core subjects and electives guarantee an in-depth knowledge in the chosen field. Together with her responsible tutor, the student chooses an adequate combination of courses in her major. The master´s thesis is written in the field of specialisation.
* Industry internship: The knowledge and experience gained through own practical application and observation form an important complement to the studies at the D-MTEC. The mandatory internship in a firm - either before or during the master´s programme - lasts ten weeks and can be completed in Switzerland or abroad.
* Master´s thesis: The master´s thesis is supervised by a professor of the D-MTEC. The research can be performed within a private company, the ETH Zurich, or - in special cases - at another university. The master´s thesis lasts five months and constitutes the final part of the curriculum. To the successful participants, the ETH confers the title of: Master of Science ETH in Management, Technology, and Economics
The equivalent of an ETH Bachelor´s degree in Engineering or Natural Sciences. See for details.
| CAE score: (read more) |
Cambridge English: Advanced (CAE) is part of the Cambridge English suite and is targeted at a high level (IELTS 6.5-8.0). It is an international English language exam set at the right level for academic and professional success. Developed by Cambridge English Language Assessment - part of the University of Cambridge - it helps you stand out from the crowd as a high achiever.
|193 (Grade B)|
|TOEFL iBT® test:||100|
Sign in to find all related scholarships and all information about funding here.
Not a member yet? Create an account and join +150 000 StudyPortals members.