Receive relevant New and Updated programmes: Personal Updates !
|Application deadline:||Non-EU: December 15; EU/EEA: April 15; Excellence Scholarships: December 15|
|Tuition fee:|| |
|Start date:||February 2014, September 2014|
|Credits:|| 120 ECTS |
|Duration full-time:||24 months|
|Delivery mode:||On Campus|
The MSc in Management, Technology and Economics is intended for students with a Bachelor degree in engineering, mathematics or natural sciences who wish to focus on business and management subjects
In the first three semesters, students take courses in core subjects from six competence areas:
* General Management and Human Resource Management
* Marketing, Technology and Innovation Management
* Information Management and Operations Management
* Quantitative and Qualitative Methods
* Financial Management
* Core subjects, electives and specialisations from six competence areas
* Supplementary subjects to enhance the technical and/or scientific knowledge acquired in the Bachelor´s degree programme
* Industrial work placement of at least 10 weeks
* Master´s thesis project (6 months, at ETH Zurich or in industry)
Core subjects are courses in the six competence areas. They support the ability to think and act creatively and systematically in a wide ragne of disciplines. The courses are distributed over the fourth year. Within the single areas there is a limited choice; core subjects make up half of the courses.
Students can choose further courses from the course programmes of the D-MTEC and other ETH departments. A certain number of electives must be chosen from within the programme covering the chosen field of specialisation.
* Programme in the field of specialisation: Individually combined core subjects and electives guarantee an in-depth knowledge in the chosen field. Together with her responsible tutor, the student chooses an adequate combination of courses in her major. The master´s thesis is written in the field of specialisation.
* Industry internship: The knowledge and experience gained through own practical application and observation form an important complement to the studies at the D-MTEC. The mandatory internship in a firm - either before or during the master´s programme - lasts ten weeks and can be completed in Switzerland or abroad.
* Master´s thesis: The master´s thesis is supervised by a professor of the D-MTEC. The research can be performed within a private company, the ETH Zurich, or - in special cases - at another university. The master´s thesis lasts five months and constitutes the final part of the curriculum. To the successful participants, the ETH confers the title of: Master of Science ETH in Management, Technology, and Economics
The equivalent of an ETH Bachelors degree in Engineering or Natural Sciences. See for details.
You are normally required to take an English Proficiency Test.
Most European Universities recognise the IELTS test.Take IELTS test
Using the form on this page, you can directly ask questions to the contactpersons at the university.
Fill out your contact information and message. The information you fill out in this form will be sent directly to the university. They will reply to you on the e-mail address you provide here.
mastersportal.eu cannot take any responsibility for the answering of contacts or for the content of their replies.