|Tuition fee:|| |
|Start date:||September 2015|
|Duration full-time:||12 months|
|Delivery mode:||On Campus|
|Educational variant:||Part-time, Full-time|
Become a StudyPortals member and get access to exclusive information, like scholarships and student reviews, related to your favourite programme!
Are you already a StudyPortals Member?
Find all members only information here
The MA course covers:
* One year (twelve months) of full-time postgraduate study, or two years of part-time study.
* Two courses of Guided Research under the supervision of the appropriate member or members of staff.
* On completion of the Guided Research modules, the preparation, under individual supervision, of a dissertation of 25,000 words (maximum) either relating to one of the areas already studied or to a new area of research.
* A module of research training in research methodology and presentation.
* Attendance, along with other postgraduate students, at the meetings of the regular French postgraduate work-in-progress seminars.
While some students may choose to study three discrete areas from the broad range of French Studies for their Guided Research and Dissertation topics, others may wish to specialize. Students who choose to specialize in the culture and politics field of research expertise may graduate with the MA in French Culture and Politics.
The course is assessed by the submission of a 5,000 word essay for each of the modules of Guided Research and a dissertation of 25,000 words. The Research training module is assessed on a Pass/Fail basis and requires the submission of a training portfolio, a written research proposal and an oral presentation.
Sign in to find all related scholarships and all information about funding here.
Not a member yet? Create an account and join +150 000 StudyPortals members.