Receive relevant New and Updated programmes: Personal Updates !
|Application deadline:||Non EU 12 July 2013;|
|Tuition fee:|| |
|Start date:||September 2014|
|Credits:|| 60 ECTS |
|Duration full-time:||12 months|
|Delivery mode:||On Campus|
The MRes in Biosciences is one of a suite of MRes programmes. It is a research-based qualification with a taught component that is of an equivalent standard to an MSc.
The programme provides a springboard into a career that involves a working knowledge of scientific research in academia and industry.
It is designed for graduates with a BSc in the life sciences and is also suitable for graduates from other science disciplines and for intercalating and fully qualified MBBS or BDS students.
The MRes can be taken either as a stand-alone qualification or act as an entry route onto a PhD or MD.
You will complete the following compulsory modules:
* MMB8100 Research Skills and Principles for the Biosciences
* MMB8099 Project
You will take optional modules to a value of 60 credits from the following:
* MMB8004 Ageing and Health
* MMB8003 The Biological Study of Behaviour
* ACE8074 Applied Ethology
* MMB8015 Applied Immunobiology of Human Disease
* MMB8012 Applying the 3 Rs to In-Vivo Experimental Techniques
* CSC8313 Bioinformatics Theory and Practice
* MMB8011 Biology of Ageing
* MMB8007 Cancer Studies
* MMB8037 Cardiovascular Science in Health and Disease
* MMB8008 Cell Cycle Control and Cell Signalling in Health and Disease
* MMB8009 Clinical Epidemiology
* MMB8010 Cognitive Neuroscience
* MMB8002 Current Research Trends in Musculoskeletal Disease
* MMB8031 Developmental Genetics
* MMB8035 Diabetes
* MMB8006 Drug Discovery and Development
* MMB8005 Experimental Medicine and Therapeutics
* MMB8030 Genetic Medicine
* MMB8014 Genetics of Common Disease
* MMB8038 Medical Biotechnology, Enterprise and Innovation in Industrial Bioscience
* MMB8029 Medical Genomics
* MMB8034 Mitochondrial Biology & Medicine
* MMB8016 Molecular Microbiology
* MMB8017 Nanomaterials in Healthcare Technologies
* MMB8036 Neuromuscular diseases: bench to bedside
* MMB8018 Protein Structure and Function
* MMB8019 Sensory Systems
* MMB8020 Scientific Basis of Neurological Disorders
* MMB8022 Stem Cells and Regenerative Medicine
* MMB8033 Surgical Anatomy
* MMB8023 Systems Biology
* MMB8032 Toxicology
* MMB8025 Transplantation Sciences
An upper-second-class Honours degree, or international equivalent, in a medical, science or related discipline is preferred. Practical laboratory work experience is desirable, although not essential.
Applicants whose first language is not English require a minimum of IELTS 6.5 (with a minimum of 6.5 in all sub-sections), TOEFL 90 (Internet-based), or equivalent.
|TOEFL iBT® test:||90|
You are normally required to take an English Proficiency Test.
Most European Universities recognise the IELTS test.Take IELTS test
Using the form on this page, you can directly ask questions to the contactpersons at the university.
Fill out your contact information and message. The information you fill out in this form will be sent directly to the university. They will reply to you on the e-mail address you provide here.
mastersportal.eu cannot take any responsibility for the answering of contacts or for the content of their replies.