|Application deadline:||June 1 (EEA); March 1 (Non EEA)|
|Tuition fee:|| |
|Start date:||September 2015|
|Credits (ECTS):||60 ECTS|
|Duration full-time:||12 months|
|Delivery mode:||On Campus|
|Educational variant:||Part-time, Full-time|
Become a StudyPortals member and get access to exclusive information, like scholarships, related to your favourite programme!
Are you already a StudyPortals Member?
Find all members only information here
Looking for a career in the ever-growing field of European public administration and European organisations? The MSc in European Politics and Policies (MEPP) programme is your foot in the door.
This one-year, postgraduate programme has an explicit European and comparative orientation, which includes the study of institutions, decision-making and policies of the European Union on the one hand, and the analysis of convergence and divergence of public sector problems and solutions in European countries on the other. In promoting comparative approaches, MEPP not only seeks to strengthen cognitive capacities and analytical skills, but also to foster an open?minded attitude to diversity.
Interactive courses in small groups
Experience our excellent research-based education in a small and international student group, providing you all the opportunities for a rich learning experience. A specific focus is placed on the use of case studies; the emphasis is placed on how problems can be solved. Moreover, each class involves a considerable amount of self-study and assignments that are meant to help you assimilate the information presented quickly and effectively. Added value is created by giving attention to the practical challenges of professionals in policy, administrative and consultative functions.
An explicit European Policy and Public Administration programme
A strong core of compulsory courses acquaints you with the comparative study of public policies, administration and management in different member states and on the political dynamics of European integration itself. The rich variety of electives enables you to explore particular interests. You will gain necessary research skills, culminating in a dissertation.
This is an advanced Master's programme and can be followed on a full-time or part-time basis.
Throughout their program, master students in European politics and policies acquire domain specific knowledge, skills and attitudes. Graduated masters in European politics and policies have reached the following learning outcomes:
* The students can describe, explain and illustrate the possibilities and limitations of the disciplinary knowledge and state-of-the-art theory specific to public management, public administration and public policy analysis in Europe from a comparative perspective .
* The students can recognize, contextualize, explain and interpret political phenomena and developments in the public sector on the basis of their knowledge and insights into public management, public administration and public policy in Europe.
* The students understand the normative assumptions and implications of theories from public management, public administration and public policy.
* The students can integrate their knowledge of different related disciplines (political science, law, economics, sociology, and/or psychology) into the domain specific knowledge of public management, public administration and public policy.
* The students can approach the field of public administration analytically and critically as enthusiast comparativists by assessing governance problems in Europe with an open mind for diversity.
* The students can independently transform a complex problem into research questions, a research design and prepare independently a complete empirical cycle to formulate an answer for each research question.
* The students can find, select, critically assess and use correct references for relevant and complex resources and information and they can use these resources independently for their own research.
* The students can apply the fundamental and comparative research processes and methods of social sciences.
* The students recognize the importance of an empirical foundation for knowledge acquisition and are able to analyze and critically value the results of scientific research.
* The students can make their own creative contribution to scientific disciplinary knowledge by communicating their own research results truthfully and meticulously in writing a scientific paper.
* The students know and take into account the ethical rules of the discipline and scientific research in general.
* The students identify the relevant structures of the public sector in Europe and analyze its function within society .
* The students describe the changes occurring in the environment of public sector organizations and can critically assess the impact of these changes on government.
* The students can identify the different actors and levels of governance in the public sector organizations in Europe and can critically assess the impact of these actors on public management, administration and policy-making from a multi-level-governance perspective.
* The students can describe the structures and processes through which policy in Europe is formed and can critically analyze the political processes of power acquisition.
* The students can communicate, clearly and unambiguously, by giving oral or written reports and presentations to different stakeholders.
* The students can work within a complex project, effectively and efficiently, through working meticulously, planning, organizing, setting priorities and meeting deadlines.
* The students can work in a diverse team and make a constructive contribution to a common result.
Admission requirements *
Admission decisions are based upon evaluation of a complete application file:
* Master of Science in de politieke wetenschappen
* Master of Science in de sociologie
* Master of Science in het overheidsmanagement en -beleid
* Master of Science in de bestuurskunde
* Master in de sociale en militaire wetenschappen
* Master of Laws in de rechten
* Master of Science in de economische wetenschappen
* Master of (Science in) Political Sciences
* Master of (Science in) Sociology
* Master of (Science in) Public Management and Public Policy
* Master of Laws
* Master of (Science in) Economics
* Another university degree after at least 4 years of study in the above mentioned fields
This diploma should be obtained 'cum laude' ('honours'/ 'with distinction') from an internationally recognized university. The Steering Committee can consider the case of candidates with a degree in other fields than the ones mentioned above either on the ground of professional experience in policy analysis or policy implementation or based on a complementary study in a relevant field e.g. a certificate of European Studies, Business Administration, after an initial diploma in Engineering, in Sciences or in Philology.
All applicants whose native language is not English are required to provide evidence of proficiency in the English language, by submitting the results of an internationally recognized language proficiency test, indicating a C-2 level on the Common Framework of Reference level of the Council of Europe: TOEFL (Computer-based test 250 pt., Internet-based test 100 pt., Paper-based test 600 pt.) or IELTS (7 - 7.5 pt.).
|TOEFL paper-based test score :||600|
|TOEFL iBT® test:||100|
Sign in to find more related scholarships for this programme.
Not a member yet? Create an account and join +150 000 StudyPortals members.
Fortunately enough I was able to find StudyPortals. Right from the start of the application to getting the confirmation of admission I was using StudyPortals.
Sign up for your personal newsletter and we will help you too.
We will send you all the information you need to find your dream study programme!