Receive relevant New and Updated programmes: Personal Updates !
Qualifications and durations
* Full-time MRes 1 year
* Full-time PG Diploma Research 9 months
* Full-time PG Certificate Research 4 months
* Part-time MRes 2 to 5 years
* Part-time PG Diploma Research 21 months
* Part-time PG Certificate Research 16 months
The programme is designed for:
* research training; it is not a qualifying programme for those seeking to become social work practitioners
* those developing careers as applied researchers and evaluators in social care
* prospective PhD students in Social Work.
The programme systematically reviews and critically evaluates a range of theories, methodologies and paradigms of research that are relevant to social work, and the application of these to specific areas of social enquiry in which students are specialising. Within an active research community students are supported in identifying, investigating and realising their own research. Students are equipped with the skills to contribute to social work research projects using any of the main methodologies of the social sciences.
The University of Bath operates a credit system by which candidates have to accrue 90 credits for the award of the MRes. Candidates receive credits on the successful completion of the individual units (measured by successfully passing the relevant assessments) - each unit being allocated a specific credit-rating. Selection of unit options is therefore based around ensuring that sufficient credits are achieved for the final award. Individual units may be withdrawn at any time, subject to the discretion of the Director of Studies and Unit Convener.
* MSc requires 90 credits
* PG Diploma requires 60 credits
* PG Certificate requires 30 credits
Each unit has a specific credit-rating, which is achieved by passing the relevant assesments.
Unit options selection should be made to ensure sufficient credits are achieved.
Normally a first degree in the social sciences or an upper second class or equivalent first degree in another subject plus relevant experience. The minimum non-graduate qualifications acceptable for admission to this course are:
* A relevant postgraduate diploma or Higher National Diploma passed at the appropriate level.
* A relevant professional qualification together with papers passed at an appropriate standard if required by the appropriate Head of Group.
* Extended and responsible experience in a relevant field together with authorship of papers of an acceptable academic standard.
IELTS 7.0 (with not less than 6.5 in each of the four components).
TOEFL 600 (paper-based test) or 250 (computer-based test) (TWE: 4) or 100 (internet-based test) with not less than 24 in each of the components.
|CAE score:||75(Grade B)|
|TOEFL paper-based test score:||600|
|TOEFL computer-based test score:||250|
|TOEFL internet-based test score:||100|
You are normally required to take an English Proficiency Test.
Most European Universities recognise the IELTS test.Take IELTS test
Using the form on this page, you can directly ask questions to the contactpersons at the university.
Fill out your contact information and message. The information you fill out in this form will be sent directly to the university. They will reply to you on the e-mail address you provide here.
mastersportal.eu cannot take any responsibility for the answering of contacts or for the content of their replies.