Our Additional Support for Learning programmes are designed to meet the needs of practising teachers and other professionals.

All the programmes’ courses are studied part-time, and you can select individual courses for your CPD needs, complete three courses for a Postgraduate Certificate, or complete six courses for a Postgraduate Diploma.

There is also the option to complete a Master of Education degree, for which you must also produce an independently researched dissertation.

As well as an increased ability in working directly with learners needing additional support, you will gain knowledge and confidence that will allow you to work collaboratively and constructively with colleagues, other professionals, and the families and carers of learners.

You will learn to apply theory effectively and engage with and influence policy that relates to the delivery of inclusive and special education.

Detailed Course Facts

Start dates and application deadlines

Starting in

  • There is no deadline for this start date.

Dates reflect the university's timezone.

Tuition fee Not specified
Duration full-time 72 months
Delivery mode On Campus
Educational variant Part-time

Course Content

Your learning will be in the form of lectures, seminars, small-group discussions and skill-development sessions. Most courses are offered in e-learning or blended learning format, combining on-campus and online study.

To complete the MEd degree, you will then produce an independently researched dissertation.

English Language Requirements

CAE score
193(Grade B)
TOEFL iBT® test (read more)

IMPORTANT NOTE: The UK government confirmed new requirements for secure English language testing for visa and immigration purposes. Learn more


The minimum entry requirement is a UK 2:1 honours degree, or its international equivalent in a relevant discipline. Alternatively, you may be considered on the basis of employment or relevant educational experience.

You should normally be registered with the General Teaching Council for Scotland or Teachers of Further Education.

Admission to UK universities often requires that students have completed a recognized Bachelor's degree. International students should consider taking a Pre-Master to gain access to UK universities when:

  • You are considered ineligible for admission
  • You need to improve your academic, study, research or language skills
Search all Pre-Masters

Work Experience

No work experience is required.

We Are Helping Thousands of Students to Find a University Abroad!

Fortunately enough I was able to find StudyPortals. Right from the start of the application to getting the confirmation of admission I was using StudyPortals.

Sign up for your personal newsletter and we will help you too.

We will send you all the information you need to find your dream study programme!

The Global Study Awards: get funded with up to £10,000 to study abroad

Together with the ISIC Association and British Council IELTS, StudyPortals offers you the chance to receive up to £10000 to expand your horizon and study abroad. We want to ultimately encourage you to study abroad in order to experience and explore new countries, cultures and languages.