Become a StudyPortals member and get access to exclusive information, like scholarships and student reviews, related to your favourite programme!
Are you already a StudyPortals Member?
Find all members only information here
This programme offers students the opportunity to undertake a substantial piece of supervised independent research in their chosen field, within this subject. Postgraduates will be guided by and contributing to the theory and knowledge in their specific area, and will present the insights obtained from their work in a manner consistent with academic standards and conventions. Alongside the original research they will study two advanced taught courses relevant to their field of study.
Students who follow this programme will:
* develop a knowledge and understanding of the roles played by various forms of writing in reflecting and influencing key elements in 19th century culture;
* deepen their knowledge and understanding of selected themes and topics in a way that enables them to select and execute an independent piece of research;
* become familiar with the variety of materials that can be used to explore the cultural life of the period along with a critical understanding of some of the ways in which it has been conceptualised and understood by scholars, past and present;
* grasp the methodological issues and problems of literary and cultural analysis, enabling the student to create original academic work to underpin (where appropriate) further interdisciplinary research at PhD level.
The course includes a 15,000-word dissertation, completed under the supervision of one or more of the course tutors. Students will undertake a seminar based programme of research methods training in core research skills and subjectspecific methodologies. They will also take two option courses covering areas of Victorian literature and culture related to their chosen fields and will write two extended essays in relation to these courses.
A good first degree in relevant discipline, normally English Literature.
English Language Requirements
* IELTS 7.0 (with at least 6.0 in each section)
* TOEFL 600 (with 55 in each section plus 4.0 in TWE)
* TOEFL 250 in CBT (with 21 in each section)
* TOEFL-iBT 100 (with at least 20 in each section)
* CPE Grade A
|CAE score:||80 (Grade A)|
Using the form on this page, you can directly ask questions to the contact persons at the university.
Fill out your contact information and message. The information you fill out in this form will be sent directly to the university. They will reply to you on the e-mail address you provide here.
mastersportal.eu cannot take any responsibility for the answering of contacts or for the content of their replies.