Receive relevant New and Updated programmes: Personal Updates !
This interdisciplinary programme draws upon expertise in History, Philosophy, Psychology and Science Studies to examine the nature of psychological knowledge and its relationship to science and society.
It offers the opportunity to undertake research in this area, and provides training in methodology appropriate to the discipline concerned and, therefore, a firm basis for further postgraduate study in any of these disciplines.
Learning Outcomes Students will gain knowledge and understanding of:
* the relationship between mind and its physical and social environment;
* the nature of psychological and scientific knowledge;
* the role of social factors in the construction of psychological knowledge;
* the relevance of psychological knowledge to society;
* methodological and general issues, including: methods of data collection and analysis directly relevant to their discipline; presentation and dissemination of research; and key current issues in psychological research.
The taught component of the MSc consists of a number of lectures, seminars and tutorial-based modules, which are assessed by essay or exam.
The dissertation work, based on original research, is completed under the supervision of a member of staff with related research interests.
The MSc is designed to be accessible to students who have a first degree in psychology, history, philosophy or sociology. No prior experience of historical and theoretical issues in psychology is assumed. Interested candidates with other backgrounds are encouraged to contact the Programme Director in the first instance. In addition to the supporting documents requested on the application form, candidates are asked to submit a personal statement.
English Language Requirements
* IELTS 6.5 (with 6.0 in each section)
* TOEFL 580 (with 55 in each section and 4.0 in TWE)
* TOEFL 237 in CBT (with 21 in each section)
* TOEFL-iBT 92 (with at least 20 in each section)
* CPE Grade B or higher
* CAE Grade A
|CAE score:||80(Grade C)|
You are normally required to take an English Proficiency Test.
Most European Universities recognise the IELTS test.Take IELTS test
Using the form on this page, you can directly ask questions to the contactpersons at the university.
Fill out your contact information and message. The information you fill out in this form will be sent directly to the university. They will reply to you on the e-mail address you provide here.
mastersportal.eu cannot take any responsibility for the answering of contacts or for the content of their replies.