Become a StudyPortals member and get access to exclusive information, like scholarships and student reviews, related to your favourite programme!
Are you already a StudyPortals Member?
Find all members only information here
You will develop extended skills in research and enquiry, and build confidence in engaging with policymakers and other professionals in the course of providing effective education services to those with additional support needs.
You will complete three additional support needs compulsory courses and three optional courses (including options from other Schools in the University). Some courses may be completed through blended learning, a flexible delivery method that combines on-campus attendance with online learning.
On completion of these courses, you will also produce an independently researched dissertation.
* Comparative Approaches to Inclusive and Special Education
* Education for All (Additional Support for Learning)
* Research Methods
Optional courses may include:
* Bilingualism and Other Additional Support Needs
* Deaf Studies
* Collaborative Working in Childrens Services
* Assessing Pupils/Students with Visual Impairment
* Audiology and Audiometry
* Inclusion of Children with Visual Impairment
* Policy and Practice
* Specific Learning Difficulties: Dyslexia
* The Developing Bilingual Learner
* Issues and Strategies for Teaching and Learning (Visual Impairment)
* Supporting Pupils in Groups
* Supporting Individual Pupils
* Promoting Achievement and Curriculum Access for Bilingual and/or Deaf Learners
The minimum entry requirement is a UK 2:1 honours degree, or its international equivalent in a relevant discipline is normally required.
| CAE score: (read more) |
Cambridge English: Advanced (CAE) is part of the Cambridge English suite and is targeted at a high level (IELTS 6.5-8.0). It is an international English language exam set at the right level for academic and professional success. Developed by Cambridge English Language Assessment - part of the University of Cambridge - it helps you stand out from the crowd as a high achiever.
|75 (Grade B)|
|TOEFL iBT® test:||92|
IMPORTANT NOTE: Since April 2014 the ETS tests (including TOEFL and TOEIC) are no longer accepted for Tier 4 visa applications to the United Kingdom. The university might still accept these tests to admit you to the university, but if you require a Tier 4 visa to enter the UK and begin your degree programme, these tests will not be sufficient to obtain your Visa.