|Application deadline:||January 15|
|Tuition fee:|| |
|Start date:||October 2014|
|Credits (ECTS):||120 ECTS|
|Duration full-time:||24 months|
|Delivery mode:||On Campus|
Become a StudyPortals member and get access to exclusive information, like scholarships and student reviews, related to your favourite programme!
Are you already a StudyPortals Member?
Find all members only information here
Biochemistry, biotechnology and the associated fields are rapidly growing industrial activities. An increased demand for scientists in this field is therefore to be expected. The education is aimed to prepare you for such jobs in chemical and pharmaceutical industry. Besides being well prepared for an attractive job with this M.Sc., you can go on to take a Ph.D. at the University of Bremen or at other universities, and continue in fascinating areas of research.
Possibilities for additional qualifications
The graduation enables / authorizes you to take on (promotion) studies for a doctorate.
All courses will be given in English.
If you have proven in the first module to be an excellent student, you can finish your education within eighteen month by working on your laboratory rotations between the terms. The education is organized in mandatory courses (first term), courses which you can select (second term), laboratory rotations (third term), and a Master Thesis (fourth term).
Area foci/ modules for advanced specialisation
You will receive a thorough education in biochemistry and molecular biology, which will expand your previous knowledge in chemistry or biology (or other related studies which you have finished with a B.Sc.)
The mandatory course in biochemistry, molecular biology, cell biology and microbiology will go beyond your present level of knowledge, and expand your background in chemistry or biology. Further modular courses will broaden and deepen the aspects of the courses taught in the first term. You will participate in the work of two different research groups, where you will gain knowledge about the scientific problems of the group, and the experimental techniques and approaches to tackle these problems. In the fourth term, you will work on your Master Thesis and defend it.
* a. A first Bachelor or comparable (or higher) degree in Biology, Chemistry or related areas (Pharmacy, Biochemistry) with an overall grade of at least 2.5 or B according to the German and American grading schemes respectively, from a university with a regular value of 180 ECTS points is required. The following requirements must also be fulfilled:
* b. At least 60 CP have to be reached from previous studies in: Biochemistry, Biotechnology, Chemistry, Physics, Cell Biology, Maths, Microbiology.
* c. Knowledge of English level C1 of the Common European Authoritative Framework of Reference for Languages evidenced by recognised language certificate. Students whose native language is not English must demonstrate their knowledge of English with a TOEFL score of 90 (iBT) or IELTS, Band 6.5 or better. If the last academic degree was obtained at a school, where the primary language of instruction was English, language skills are accepted as sufficient.
* d. The pass of a written suitability test under supervision to the subject area of a basic lecture in Biochemistry and in Molecular Cell Biology. If possible, the written test will be given in your country.
* e. A letter of motivation why you are choosing this program and what your research interests regarding to this department are.
* f. Two letters of recommendation not older than 2 years from faculty members who can attest the quality of the candidate
Zulassungsfrei; es stehen Studienplätze für alle BewerberInnen zur Verfügung
|TOEFL iBT® test:||90|
With regard to the M. Sc. program we regret to inform you that there are no scholarships for studies at the University of Bremen. Please note that the education is offered free of charge.There are no tuition or examination fees.
Students who are in need of financial support usually take up a part-time job. With a student visa to Germany you are entitled to work 74 hours per month.
Furthermore you can contact the following organisations who grant scholarships to qualifying students:
* Alexander von Humboldt-Stiftung
* GIZ- Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit
Our master programme is accredited by the accreditation body ACQUIN until 30th September 2016.