|Application deadline:||There is no formal deadline to apply but we encourage you to apply as soon as possible|
|Tuition fee:|| |
|Start date:||September 2015|
|Duration full-time:||12 months|
|Delivery mode:||On Campus|
|Educational variant:||Part-time, Full-time|
Become a StudyPortals member and get access to exclusive information, like scholarships and student reviews, related to your favourite programme!
Are you already a StudyPortals Member?
Find all members only information here
What does this course offer?
* Facilitates an individuals knowledge, critical appreciation and expertise to enable them to develop, implement and evaluate integrated advertising and marketing communication strategies
* This course is renowned throughout the UK and our programmes is highly regarded by the agency world
* Many of the staff who teach on the programme have worked in marketing companies, large advertising agencies and client companies
* We have strong links with industry which include live briefs, guest lectures and master classes and employment opportunities.
Where could this lead to?
This is a course for graduates who want to work in the Advertising and Marketing Communications industry but may not have studied a related undergraduate degree. Our graduates have achieved some fascinating careers including positions within:
* Client companies
* Advertising agencies
* Media agencies
* Digital agencies
* Integrated marketing communications agencies
* Research agencies
* Event management companies
* Government departments across the globe.
Tell me more....
It is one of the leading courses of its kind in the country. Bournemouth was the first UK university to offer marketing communications at Masters level. The programme attracts students from all over the world as well as from the UK and is delivered over three terms for those studying on a full-time basis.
Bournemouth is renowned for its Advertising programmes throughout the UK and our programmes are highly regarded by the agency world. Please note that the advertising component for this degree is from the management perspective and is not intended to develop either copywriters or art directors.
The term Marketing Communications is the means by which a company relates to and communicates with its customers and clients outside of the major discipline of Advertising. It employs above and below-the-line communication - sales promotion, sponsorship, public relations, direct marketing and personal selling. These functions are shaped by marketing strategy and conditioned by a rapidly changing global media environment.
Many of the staff who teach on the programme have worked with large advertising agencies and client companies. These established connections are strengthened by strong links with industry which include live briefs, guest lectures and master classes and employment opportunities.
The overall aim of the course is to facilitate an individuals knowledge, critical appreciation and expertise to enable them to develop, implement and evaluate integrated advertising and marketing communications strategies. This will be achieved by providing students with a critical understanding of:
* A rigorous, disciplinary conceptual framework that allows a strategic and integrated approach to be taken to marketing communications;
* The marketing principles and strategies underpinning marketing communications and brand strategies;
* The major perspectives and models informing marketing communications;
* The major perspectives and principles underlying the persuasion and influence of consumer audiences;
* The role of research in marketing communications and the systematic research procedures required to investigate topics effectively;
* The role of elements of the marketing communications mix to integrated marketing communications culminating in a campaign plan;
* The use of advertising as a strategic marketing tool;
* The nature, development and institutionalised forms of media in the UK and the extent to which they function in an increasingly global environment;
* The nature and implications of emerging and convergent digital technologies.
To view the course content, please visit the course profile on our website.
For fees and funding information, please visit our website.