|Tuition fee:|| |
|Start date:||September 2014|
|Delivery mode:||On Campus|
Become a StudyPortals member and get access to exclusive information, like scholarships and student reviews, related to your favourite programme!
Are you already a StudyPortals Member?
Find all members only information here
* Develop your individual authorial voice
* Enhance your creativity in preparation for a rapidly changing media industry
* Develop scriptwriting skills across a range of media platforms
* Work in a collaborative environment which emulates industry practice
* Develop critical thinking and intellectual skills to reflect, learn and grow as a successful media practitioner
* Graduate from the UKs only Centre for Excellence in Media Practice and a recognised Skillset Screen and Media Academy with an excellent track record in graduate employment and industry reputation.
You'll work on a range of scriptwriting assignments over the course of the year, from the short film to the feature film, television drama to television comedy, radio documentary to online drama. In the Cross-Platform unit, you'll shape your scriptwriting skills to suit a variety of media formats. Specific projects include a location-driven short film and a collection of scripts driven by character voice. The final Masters Production Project offers you the chance to develop a long-form piece of original writing or a portfolio of shorter scripts.
All practical work is underpinned by a rigorous academic grounding in areas such as narrative, authorship, audience and industrial contexts. You'll be encouraged to challenge current thinking and explore possibilities of scriptwriting practice, and be guided to develop a deep understanding of the evolving industry that you wish to go on and work in.
Taught by professionals and academics with a wide range of writing experiences, this course will allow you to develop your own authorial voice across a range of media platforms. You'll learn how to create, develop, write, edit and present your work effectively, and will graduate with a unique set of scriptwriting skills that will enable you to write successfully for a variety of media.
To view the course content, please visit the course profile on our website.
* Qualification equivalent to a UK Honours Degree, (2:1 or above). Applications are also welcome from experienced professionals working within the media industry. Applicants are encouraged to provide details of relevant work experience and will need to provide examples of creative writing with their application. An interview is required. Applicants without a first degree but with significant industry experience may be considered in exceptional circumstances
Screenwriting, Creative Writing, Media Studies, English
|CAE score:||60 (Grade C)|
For fees and funding information, please visit our website.
Using the form on this page, you can directly ask questions to the contact persons at the university.
Fill out your contact information and message. The information you fill out in this form will be sent directly to the university. They will reply to you on the e-mail address you provide here.
mastersportal.eu cannot take any responsibility for the answering of contacts or for the content of their replies.