Receive relevant New and Updated programmes: Personal Updates !
* Develop your individual authorial voice
* Enhance your creativity in preparation for a rapidly changing media industry
* Develop scriptwriting skills across a range of media platforms
* Work in a collaborative environment which emulates industry practice
* Develop critical thinking and intellectual skills to reflect, learn and grow as a successful media practitioner
* Graduate from the UKs only Centre for Excellence in Media Practice and a recognised Skillset Screen and Media Academy with an excellent track record in graduate employment and industry reputation.
Who should do this course?
* Recent graduates with an undergraduate degree (typically 2:1 or above) in any discipline who want to take their expertise and apply it within the media context
* Individuals with an undergraduate degree in the area of media practice (e.g. television production, video production, interactive media production, scriptwriting, music design, journalism, advertising)
* Or from experienced professionals working within the media industry.
You'll work on a range of scriptwriting assignments over the course of the year, from the short film to the feature film, television drama to television comedy, radio documentary to online drama. In the Cross-Platform unit, you'll shape your scriptwriting skills to suit a variety of media formats. Specific projects include a location-driven short film and a collection of scripts driven by character voice. The final Masters Production Project offers you the chance to develop a long-form piece of original writing or a portfolio of shorter scripts.
All practical work is underpinned by a rigorous academic grounding in areas such as narrative, authorship, audience and industrial contexts. You'll be encouraged to challenge current thinking and explore possibilities of scriptwriting practice, and be guided to develop a deep understanding of the evolving industry that you wish to go on and work in.
Taught by professionals and academics with a wide range of writing experiences, this course will allow you to develop your own authorial voice across a range of media platforms. You'll learn how to create, develop, write, edit and present your work effectively, and will graduate with a unique set of scriptwriting skills that will enable you to write successfully for a variety of media.
Recent graduates with an undergraduate degree (typically 2:1 or above). Applications are also welcome from experienced professionals working within the media industry.
English Language Requirements
If English is not your first language, you will need to provide evidence that you can read, write, speak and understand English to the level specified below.
English language requirements, for this course are normally a minimum of one of the below:
* Successful completion of one of Bournemouth University's Preparatory English Programmes (BUPEP)
* IELTS (Academic) 6.5 overall with 6.0 in all other components
If you have alternative evidence of English language proficiency - for example you have a different English language qualification, you received the majority of your education through the medium of English, or you have a degree in English language/literature), please indicate this on your application form.
|CAE score:||60(Grade A)|
You are normally required to take an English Proficiency Test.
Most European Universities recognise the IELTS test.Take IELTS test
Using the form on this page, you can directly ask questions to the contactpersons at the university.
Fill out your contact information and message. The information you fill out in this form will be sent directly to the university. They will reply to you on the e-mail address you provide here.
mastersportal.eu cannot take any responsibility for the answering of contacts or for the content of their replies.