|Application deadline:||25 January ; 15 March;|
|Tuition fee:|| |
|Start date:||September 2015|
|Credits (ECTS):||90 ECTS|
|Duration full-time:||12 months|
|Delivery mode:||On Campus|
Become a StudyPortals member and get access to exclusive information, like scholarships and student reviews, related to your favourite programme!
Are you already a StudyPortals Member?
Find all members only information here
Interested in a developing your research skills? Thinking about becoming a management consultant? Contemplating a PhD? The MRes Management is ideal for anyone wishing to undertake research into management and its related disciplines. If you want to develop expertise in a particular area, perhaps with a view to an academic career or to improve your employability by developing specialist knowledge, you might like to consider the MRes Management programme.
The programme will provide you with substantial training in a range of research techniques and methods used in the social sciences, and an understanding of their theoretical and philosophical underpinnings. You will also develop your managerial knowledge through specialist management options. The research-based dissertation will enable you to apply your research skills and develop an in-depth knowledge in an area of your choice, with the support of a supervisor.
You will gain an essential foundation for research in management with this programme, and learn how to analyse and understand management research, as well as use research techniques from the social sciences to assess management problems and research debates. When you have completed the programme, you will have acquired the abilities to organise a research project, manage self-driven enquiry and write management research.
We are very proud of our graduates who have careers across a broad range of sectors and are working all over the world. Example destinations of recent graduates of the School's postgraduate programmes include:
* Director, Strategic Matters UK
* Business Analyst, Dresdner Kleinwort
* Operations Specialist, Bear Stearns
* Business Consultant, Transition Consulting
* Account Executive, IMG
* Financial Business Analyst, Reuters
* Chartered Financial Analyst, 7city Learning
* Equity Analyst, Japanese Bank
* Trainee Fund Manager, Scottish Widows
* Finance Analyst, The Arcadia Group
* Business Analyst, Dresdner Kleinwort
* Assistant Economist, Customs and Excise
* Economist, Bank of Estonia
* PhD Statistics, London School of Economics and Political Science
* Associate Lecturer, Universidad de Castilla, Spain (PhD Economics)
* Risk Analyst, GE Capita
* Trainee Accountant, Citibank
* Investment Analyst, Stamford Associates
* Account Manager, Renaissance Group, Nicosia
* Investment Analyst, Capital Finance
* Senior Executive, PricewaterhouseCoopers, Prague
* Economist, Civil Service
* Global Share Dealer, Deloitte
* Ship Broker, Ssy
* Banker, Standard and Chartered
This programme is available for study 12 months full-time over three terms and is University-based throughout this time. The taught components of the programme are delivered in the first two terms, leaving the third term and most of the summer to research, write and submit your dissertation. The programme in its entirety runs from October to September.
During the programme you will study modules (including the dissertation) totalling 180 credits. Please note that all options are available timetable permitting and may change.
Please note that programme structures may be subject to change.
Module / Credits
* MRes Dissertation (BEMM355) / 60
* Current Research Issues in Management (BEMM350) / 30
* Business and Management Research Skills (BEMM158) / 15
* Philosophy of Social Sciences (SOCM002A) / 15
* Qualitative Methods in Research (BEMM378) / 15
* Quantitative Techniques in Research (BEMM379) / 15
Total credits 150
You will choose options totalling 30 credits from a regularly updated selection. Recent modules are shown below:
Module / Credits
* Consumption, Markets and Culture (BEMM110) / 30
* Advanced Marketing Seminars (BEMM103) / 15
* Advertising and Consumer Psychology (BEMM157) / 15
* Brand Communication (BEMM113) / 15
* Crisis, Change and Creativity in Organisations (BEMM107) / 15
* Entrepreneurship: New Venture Development (BEMM108) / 15
* Ethical Issues in Marketing (BEMM109) / 15
* Leadership and Global Challenges (CLSM158) / 15
* Managing Operations (BEMM114) / 15
* Marketing Strategy (BEMM148) / 15
* People and Organisations (BEMM121) / 15
* Principles of International Business (BEMM116) / 15
* Service Operations and Marketing (BEMM147) / 15
* Strategic Innovation Management (BEMM118) / 15
* Strategy (BEMM119) / 15
* Understanding Consumer Behaviour (BEMM120) / 15
Normally a 2:1 Honours degree (or equivalent) in one of the social sciences. Non-standard qualifications are also considered.
English language requirements
* IELTS overall score of 7.0, with no less than 6.0 in any section.
* TOEFL IBT overall score of 90, with minimum scores of 21 for writing, 21 for listening, 22 for reading and 23 for speaking.
|TOEFL iBT® test:||90|
IMPORTANT NOTE: Since April 2014 the ETS tests (including TOEFL and TOEIC) are no longer accepted for Tier 4 visa applications to the United Kingdom. The university might still accept these tests to admit you to the university, but if you require a Tier 4 visa to enter the UK and begin your degree programme, these tests will not be sufficient to obtain your Visa.
The University of Exeter has a wide range of funding available. Please visit -for further information.