|Tuition fee:|| |
|Start date:||September 2015|
|Duration full-time:||12 months|
|Delivery mode:||On Campus|
Become a StudyPortals member and get access to exclusive information, like scholarships, related to your favourite programme!
Are you already a StudyPortals Member?
Find all members only information here
Transform your future and explore new directions. Our programme is specially designed for professionals and aspiring leaders who wish to take stock and reflect on their careers, then identify their aspirations and leverage their strengths to transform themselves. You will start by articulating your values and objectives, and work with your mentor and career coach to identify and benefit from new opportunities. You will upgrade your skills, develop your knowledge and acquire an entrepreneurial mindset to explore new directions.
Ignite change in business
Gain a thorough understanding of the global economic, environmental and social challenges that business faces in the 21st Century. Our programme will help you gain a thorough understanding of how global economic, social and environmental challenges are impacting on business and the workplace. It will enable you to identify new ways of succeeding in a hypercompetitive and interconnected world through product, process and business model innovation that leverage opportunities brought about by emerging economic models, such as the sharing economy, the circular economy and the on-demand economy.
Acquire practical professional skills, from start-ups to boardrooms. By helping you to identify growth opportunities for your organisation and opportunities for innovation you will become a more effective manager and business leader. You can have a positive impact, on your organisation and on the world around you. Combining an outstanding business and management education, our one planet MBA will help you acquire new techniques and knowledge, connect you to exciting new networks and opportunities and show you new routes to profitable growth and positive impact.
What you will gain
We work closely with a range of corporate partners to ensure that we have the right MBA for our times. Our one planet MBA will enable you to
* Gain a thorough understanding of the global economic, environmental and social challenges that are redefining business and the role of the professional manager.
* Learn how emerging and innovative business, new economic models and new enabling technologies impact on business strategies, and how professional managers can exploit them to drive innovation and profitable growth.
* Enjoy an outstanding business and management education in a dedicated, highly supportive facility, surrounded by a beautiful natural environment.
* Acquire practical professional skills that will help you grow and build businesses, anything from start-ups to long-established organisations firms.
* Transform your future. Explore new directions, learn and develop your own potential, and become the leader and the person that you truly want to be.
FacilitiesThe Business School has its own dedicated computing facilities as well as access to the extensive computing facilities of the University. Research students have their own workrooms, available 24 hours a day, with individual workstations and access to the Schools databases. The impressive Xfi Building features the Thomson Reuters Financial Information Laboratory, a dealing room, a networked lecture theatre and syndicate rooms, as well as an atrium café with wireless internet access.
The Business School's £18 million New Building has also recently been completed, increasing our capacity yet further for leading research and learning and providing more space for students and staff.
We have access to important databases such as Bloomberg, WRDS, Morningstar Direct, Business Insights, Datamonitor, LSPD, CRSP, SDC Platinum and Thomson Reuters products 3000Xtra, Datastream Advance, Wealth Manager and Trader. Other resources for research students include a series of working papers from universities, NBER and CEPR.
The programme begins with an induction programme to support your return to education and ensure you are equipped to meet the academic requirements of the MBA.
* 10 core modules and 3 elective modules plus your MBA Project.
* Two non-assessed compulsory activities are included in the One Planet MBA which are designed to develop your skills as a business leader.
* The programme is intensive and includes formal lectures, seminars, group work and individual assignments.
* Lectures and classroom-based teaching is complemented with study trips, mini-consultancy projects, guest speakers and extra-curricular activities.
* A range of additional extra-curricular activities, such as our Guest Speaker programme take place throughout the year to complement your learning and provide opportunities for you to further build your skills, knowledge and understanding.
Admission to the MBA programme is usually dependent upon a good first degree and a minimum of three years' managerial experience. Many applicants find that they possess extensive work experience, eg, eight years or more, or have attained a professional qualification but not completed formal degrees. Non-academic achievements are taken into consideration, therefore applicants with one or more of the following skills and experience are welcome and encouraged to submit an application:
* Mature managers with extensive work experience.
* Extensive experience of technical or specialist work.
* Professionals planning career changes or returning to employment after a break from work.
* Professionals seeking to develop skills for broader management roles.
International students must show proficiency in the English language and have an appropriate qualification:
* Certificate of Proficiency in English of the Cambridge Local Examinations Grade B or above
* IELTS 7.00
* TOEFL 250
* iBT TOEFL 100 +
We also require two references (ideally including one from your last university) and a personal statement explaining why you are interested in an MBA at Exeter.
Successful applicants for this programme must demonstrate a sound knowledge and understanding of the One Planet MBA in their personal statement
|TOEFL iBT® test:||100|
IMPORTANT NOTE: Per 6 April 2015 only the English language tests from IELTS and Trinity College London are accepted for Tier 4 Visa applications to the United Kingdom. Other tests (including TOEFL, TOEIC, Pearson, City & Guilds) are no longer accepted for Tier 4 visa applications to the United Kingdom. The university might still accept these tests to admit you to the university, but if you require a Tier 4 visa to enter the UK and begin your degree programme, these tests will not be sufficient to obtain your Visa. Since the Trinity College London language tests must be taken in one of their exam centres in the UK, IELTS is now the only language test accepted for Tier 4 visas to the UK that can be taken worldwide.
Accreditations and rankings
* Accredited by the Association of MBAs (AMBA)
* Accredited by EQUIS, the world leading international accreditation for business schools
* PRME member - the Business School is part of the Principles for Responsible Management Education initiative whose mission is to inspire and champion responsible management education, research and thought leadership globally
* ABIS member: a unique alliance of companies, business schools and academic institutions, committed to integrating business in society issues into the heart of management theory and practice. Our membership ensures we are part of international research, debate and discussion relating to ABIS four key areas of expertise: Sustainability, change and innovation; purpose ethics and leadership; strategic management and economics and corporate and public governance
Sign in to find more related scholarships for this programme.
Not a member yet? Create an account and join +150 000 StudyPortals members.
Fortunately enough I was able to find StudyPortals. Right from the start of the application to getting the confirmation of admission I was using StudyPortals.
Sign up for your personal newsletter and we will help you too.
We will send you all the information you need to find your dream study programme!