Receive relevant New and Updated programmes: Personal Updates !
This is the only MA programme in the United Kingdom focusing exclusively upon the history, theory and practice of Anglo-German cultural relations from circa 1800 until the present. The programme deals mainly with the literary, theoretical and cultural dimensions of these relations, and also contains a unique practical component, in which students are taught by practitioners from British and German cultural institutions, as well as by experts from the fields of publishing, translating and the media. As such the programme provides a pathway either for future academic study or for a career outside of academia.
Assessment You will submit three essays for the core module, comprising one 2,000 word essay and two 3,000 word essays, submit one 4,000 word essay for each option in English and a 10,000 word dissertation in English or German.
You will take the compulsory core module:
* Theory and Practice of Anglo-German Cultural Transfers which includes the study of inter- and intra-cultural relations between (national) cultures and will analyse the theory and history of Anglo-German cultural transfers from the late Eighteenth-Century to the present day.
* The second part will bring students in contact with practitioners in this field and introduce them to the reality of cultural transfers.
You will also take two out of the following four module options:
* Anglo German Aesthetics in the Long Eighteenth-Century
* Anglo-German Travel Writing
* In pursuit of prejudice? Mutual perceptions of identity
* Thinking Translation
A student may be permitted to take one option offered as part of another MA programme in the School or within the Faculty of Arts, provided that the MA convenor agrees that this would be beneficial for the students intellectual development and research plans. In the case of options outside the School, admission to such modules requires the further agreement of the module convenor.
* For entry to the MA you will need a BA in German or with German as a principal component (first class or upper-second class honours degree) or Staatsexamen, or equivalent qualification.
* Applications by graduates from other countries are welcome.
English language entry
* IELTS 7.0
* TOEFL 610
Where English is not your first language, you will need to be highly proficient in English, for academic purposes, as well as in German.
|CAE score:||75 (Grade B)|
You are normally required to take an English Proficiency Test.
Most European Universities recognise the IELTS test.Take IELTS test
Using the form on this page, you can directly ask questions to the contactpersons at the university.
Fill out your contact information and message. The information you fill out in this form will be sent directly to the university. They will reply to you on the e-mail address you provide here.
mastersportal.eu cannot take any responsibility for the answering of contacts or for the content of their replies.