|Tuition fee:|| |
|Start date:||October 2015|
|Duration full-time:||36 months|
|Delivery mode:||On Campus|
Become a StudyPortals member and get access to exclusive information, like scholarships, related to your favourite programme!
Are you already a StudyPortals Member?
Find all members only information here
The first two
years of the courses are the same. If you follow the counselling route, you will go on to complete a 15,000 word dissertation demonstrating your integration of the practice of counselling and TA theory and practice. If you follow the Psychotherapy route, you will be required to work for two years to comply with the professional requirements of the Institute of Transactional Analysis and the United Kingdom Council for Psychotherapy (UKCP) followed by Certified Transactional Analysis (CTA) professional examination. Finally, to complete the MSc, you will present a masters project based on the written CTA exam.
These courses will enable you to:
* integrate the main areas of TA theory and methodology;
* demonstrate a critical in-depth knowledge of counselling and psychotherapy and of specialist practice areas informed by current research and theoretical debate;
* synthesise and integrate findings from clinical practice with established and emerging knowledge within the counselling and psychotherapy fields, and
* critically debate, use and justify relevant theories, principles, concepts and philosophy in counselling and psychotherapy.
Modules * The Therapeutic Relationship
* Diagnosis & Treatment Direction
* Unconscious Processes & Dynamics
* Introduction to Research Methods for Psychotherapists
* InterventionApproaches/ Integration in Psychotherapy
* Critical Applications in TA Psychotherapy - double module with optional component
* Masters Project/ Dissertation (MSc only)
Completion of two years of part-time Transactional Analysis counselling or psychotherapy training at Physis or another recognised training institute. Compliance with the training and practice requirements of professional bodies and normally a first degree or equivalent.
International: Where your Honours degree has not been studied in English, you will be required to provide evidence of English language competence at no less than IELTS 7.
Interview: A satisfactory criminal records check will be required.
| CAE score: (read more) |
Cambridge English: Advanced (CAE) is part of the Cambridge English suite and is targeted at a high level (IELTS 6.5-8.0). It is an international English language exam set at the right level for academic and professional success. Developed by Cambridge English Language Assessment - part of the University of Cambridge - it helps you stand out from the crowd as a high achiever.
|193 (Grade B)|
Sign in to find more related scholarships for this programme.
Not a member yet? Create an account and join +150 000 StudyPortals members.
Fortunately enough I was able to find StudyPortals. Right from the start of the application to getting the confirmation of admission I was using StudyPortals.
Sign up for your personal newsletter and we will help you too.
We will send you all the information you need to find your dream study programme!