Become a StudyPortals member and get access to exclusive information, like scholarships and student reviews, related to your favourite programme!
Are you already a StudyPortals Member?
Find all members only information here
At the completion of this programme you will have acquired the required level of knowledge and understanding to apply for full professional membership of the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development (CIPD), Europe's largest professional institute for people management and development. Whether you are a human resource manager or industrial relations specialist, recent graduates or looking to develop a career in a related area, the skills and knowledge you gain on this course will enable you to progress in your chosen field.
This part time or full time course will appeal particularly to those practising human resource, industrial relations or equal opportunities specialists as well as to those seeking a career within these areas. It offers a focus on contemporary, critical and applied themes and the opportunity to develop the skills necessary for the appropriate analytical, technical and behavioural responses to these issues.
We offer a varied programme of teaching that includes facilitated seminars, practical workshops, web-based learning, case study analysis and traditional lectures. We also provide sessions by visiting staff, practitioners and consultants to give a varied perspective of the topics covered.
You will be assessed through a variety of coursework including presentations, reports and projects. You will also be required to complete a dissertation and will be supported by a dissertation supervisor.
Year 1 - full details
* HRM Practice and Perspectives A
* Industrial Relations: Theory and Practice A
* Organisational Behaviour: Theory and Practice A
* Postgraduate Research Methodology for HRM A
* Strategic Human Resource Management A
* Comparative Employment Relations B
* Cross Cultural Communication and Negotiation
* Dissertation: Human Resource Management A
* Employment Law Semester B
* HRM Dissertation/Management Research Report A
* Human Resource Management Research Report A
* International and Comparative Human Resource Management B
* Leadership and Management Development B
* Managing Across Cultures
* People Resourcing B
* Remuneration Strategy and Practice B
The normal entry requirements for the programme are:
* An honours degree with classification 2.2 or better in any subject from a UK university or the equivalent from a recognised university overseas.
* Evidence of two or more years relevant work experience in human resource management, industrial relations, managing people, equal opportunities work, or as a trade union official or representative and two or more appropriate references. Or other appropriate experience as determined by the Programme Tutor and two or more appropriate references.
N.B. There is no guarantee that any or all applicants who meet the criteria will be accepted. In addition all students must produce evidence of their English Language proficiency. The standard required is:
(a) a score of 6.5 or better on the British Council's IELTS test, or an equivalent score on a test recognised by the University of Hertfordshire;
(b) a score of 6.0 or better on the IELTS test, or an equivalent score on a test recognised by the University of Hertfordshire, plus four weeks of pre-sessional English language at the University of Hertfordshire;
(c) a score of 5.5 or better on the IELTS test, or an equivalent score on a test recognised by the University of Hertfordshire, plus successful completion of the University of Hertfordshire's Graduate Certificate in Business (or equivalent acceptable to the University of Hertfordshire).
This requirement will be waived if the student has successfully completed an undergraduate degree at a university in the United Kingdom, or another country acceptable to the University of Hertfordshire, where study was in English and the student was based in that universitys home country during study.
|CAE score:||60 (Grade C)|
Using the form on this page, you can directly ask questions to the contact persons at the university.
Fill out your contact information and message. The information you fill out in this form will be sent directly to the university. They will reply to you on the e-mail address you provide here.
mastersportal.eu cannot take any responsibility for the answering of contacts or for the content of their replies.