|Application deadline:||14 February 2014|
|Tuition fee:|| |
|Start date:||September 2014|
|Credits:|| 120 ECTS |
|Delivery mode:||On Campus|
Become a StudyPortals member and get access to exclusive information, like scholarships and student reviews, related to your favourite programme!
Are you already a StudyPortals Member?
Find all members only information here
Master degree programme in Sport and Exercise Psychology provides students with
* High quality teaching in state-of-the-art facilities
* 2-year education with no tuition fees
* An individualised study plan
* Hands-on experience in the field during the practical training period
* Opportunity to participate in a two-week international Intensive Course and to complete the practicum abroad
* Experience of Finnish culture and an international campus
* Comprehensive counselling and other services provided by the University
The two-year masters programme is designed for both Finnish and international students. The programme consists of 120 ECTS credits, equaling two-years of full-time study, and is conducted fully in English. The programme leads to a Master of Science Degree (in Sport Sciences) and qualifies graduates for doctoral-level studies.
What is Sport and Exercise Psychology?
Sport and Exercise Psychology is the scientific study of people and their behaviours in sport and exercice contexts, and the practical application of that knowledge. Sport and exercise psychology builds on the scientific fields of psychology, education, and sport and health sciences.
The aim of the Master's Degree Programme in Sport and Exercise Psychology is to provide high-quality research-oriented master's-level education, through English, in the multidisciplinary field of Sport and Exercise Psychology (SEP).
The programme will equip the student with the necessary knowledge and competences required to move into the academic field of sport and exercise psychology. This is done by developing students knowledge and skills in working with the issues of motivation, high performance, behaviour regulation, cognition, exercise counselling, and preventive interventions within the contexts of sport and exercise. The broad educational aim is to train professionals to serve individuals and communities in accordance with best professional practice.
There is an increasing demand for experts in the field of sport and exercise psychology. Graduates from the programme will be employed in the private and public sectors as, for example, psychological health and well-being consultants, performance enhancement consultants, or academic researchers in sport and exercise psychology
The Master's Degree Programme in Sport and Exercise Psychology consists of 120 ECTS credits spread over two years of full-time academic study. Each student will draft an individualised study plan in co-operation with the programme director. Completing the Masters programme requires the successful completion of all modules included in the individualised study plan.
Aside from the regular programme modules the Masters programme also gives students the opportunity to complete a practicum period, gaining valuable experience and expertise to increase their career opportunities upon graduation. The practicum can also be completed abroad. Additionally, students have the possibility to participate in a two-week international Intensive Course organised by one of the partner universities of the University of Jyväskylä.
1. Introduction to the Master's Programme, Individualised Study Plan and Portfolio
2. Language modules
3. Intercultural competence
4. Research methods
5. Expertise in specific academic fields
6. Optional studies
7. Professional development and practicum
8. Master's thesis and seminars
Total number of credits (minimum): 120
Previous studies qualifying applicants for entry to the programme are a Bachelor's degree or equivalent amount of studies in
* Psychology (including Sport and Exercise Psychology, Social Psychology, Clinical Psychology) or
* Sport Sciences (such as physical education, sport administration, coaching, sport physiology) or
* Health sciences, or
* some other closely related field.
Those prospective applicants who will not receive their Bachelors degree until the application deadline has expired may still apply for the programme. However, they need to provide a written attestation from their institution of higher education proving that they will obtain the Bachelor's degree later in the Spring or Summer. Should their application be successful, they will be awarded a provisional acceptance into the programme, pending the receipt of the degree certificate, once graduation has taken place.
Accepted Language Tests
The language of instruction in the Master's Degree Programme in Sport and Exercise Psychology is English. Selected candidates must be able to demonstrate their proficiency in English at the time of application.The required level of English proficiency can be proved by the following means:
* previous education (bachelors or masters degree, high school or upper secondary school) completed fully in English in Great Britain, Ireland, the USA, Canada, Australia or New Zealand.
* TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language) minimum score of 580 (paper-based) or 92 (Internet-based). TOEFL ITP (Institutional Test) is not accepted.
* IELTS (Academic) minimum score of 6.5
* PTE (Academic) minimum score of 59
* CAE or CPE with grade A, B or C
|CAE score:||60 (Grade C)|
|TOEFL paper-based test score:||580|
|TOEFL iBT® test:||92|
Using the form on this page, you can directly ask questions to the contact persons at the university.
Fill out your contact information and message. The information you fill out in this form will be sent directly to the university. They will reply to you on the e-mail address you provide here.
mastersportal.eu cannot take any responsibility for the answering of contacts or for the content of their replies.