Receive relevant New and Updated programmes: Personal Updates !
|Application deadline:||as early as possible|
|Tuition fee:|| |
|Start date:||September 2013|
|Credits:|| 60 ECTS |
|Duration full-time:||12 months|
|Delivery mode:||On Campus|
|Educational variant:||Part-time, Full-time|
This programme is taught by the School's outstanding research group in social psychology. Our teaching and research covers the psychology of intergroup behaviour, group decision and performance, attitudes and persuasion, organisational psychology, social cognition, children's self-concept and social attitudes, and cross-cultural questions, relating social psychological research in these areas to social problems. Course tutors include academics and experts who work in the media, the health service and other applied settings.
The MSc is recognised by the ESRC as a basis for PhD research.
* Duration: One year full-time, two years part-time.
* Start: September.
The Graduate Diplomas are modular courses taught over three terms, starting in September. The structure is uniquely designed in order to prepare students for postgraduate study in your chosen field. All students take modules in English for Specific Academic Purposes and then choose a number of modules from their chosen academic specialism.
* Advanced Statistics and Methodology
* Current Issues in Social and Applied Psychology I: Theory
* Current Issues in Social and Applied Psychology II: Applications
* Two options from a range including: Advanced Developmental Social Psychology; Advanced Topics in Cognitive Development; Advanced Topics in Group Processes; Advanced Topics in Intergroup Relations; Developmental Psychology in Professional Practice; The Psychology of Eyewitness Testimony.
* Research Project
Assessment is mainly by coursework assignment (4-6,000-word essays), examination (for the Advanced Statistics and Methodology module only), plus the dissertation.
A first or 2.1 in psychology or a closely related discipline.
|CAE score:||75(Grade B)|
|TOEFL paper-based test score:||600|
|TOEFL computer-based test score:||250|
|TOEFL internet-based test score:||90|
University Academic School and Centre Scholarships
All University Academic Schools and Centres offer scholarships for postgraduate study. These vary from a one-off payment of a few hundred pounds to tuition fees at the home rate and/or maintenance payments at the same rate as the Research Councils.
* American Studies
* Anthropology and Conservation
* Brussels School of International Studies
* Durrell Institute of Conservation and Ecology (DICE)
* Engineering and Digital Arts
* European Culture and Languages
* Kent Business School
* Mathematics, Statistics and Actuarial Science
* Medieval and Early Modern Studies
* Music and Audio
* Politics and International Relations
* Physical Sciences
* Professional Practice
* Social Policy, Sociology and Social Research
* Sport and Exercise Sciences
You are normally required to take an English Proficiency Test.
Most European Universities recognise the IELTS test.Take IELTS test