|Application deadline:||May 1 for non-EU citizens / June 1 for EU-citizens|
|Tuition fee:|| |
|Start date:||October 2015|
|Credits (ECTS):||120 ECTS|
|Duration full-time:||24 months|
|Delivery mode:||On Campus|
Become a StudyPortals member and get access to exclusive information, like scholarships, related to your favourite programme!
Are you already a StudyPortals Member?
Find all members only information here
The MSc in Microsystems Engineering complies with the Bologna Declaration for European education. It provides students with an excellent education in Microsystems Engineering and qualifies them for an industrial career in research and development or further studies in a PhD programme. The programmes highly interdisciplinary curriculum offers a wide variety of electives, ensuring that students acquire a broad spectrum of the skills needed to keep abreast with this dynamic and rapidly evolving field.
The curriculum comprises courses in Assembly and packaging technology, Microelectronics, Micro-mechanics, MST design, Optical microsystems, Sensors, Signal processing, Dynamics of MEMS, Micro-actuators, biomedical microsystems, Micro-fluidics, MST design as well as Probability and statistics.
Concentrations are offered in the areas of
* Circuits and systems
* Design and simulation
* Life sciences: Biomedical engineering
* Life sciences: Lab-on-a-chip
* Process engineering
* Sensors and actuators
In the second year, students are required to write a one-year Master's thesis, based on project work performed directly in a professor's research group, thus giving the graduate extensive, hands-on experience using state-of-the-art microsystems infrastructure.
The English language masters degree programme in Microsystems Engineering has been designed for national and international students with a bachelors degree in a field closely related to microsystems engineering (e.g. electronics, mechanical engineering or physics). The selection procedure is very competitive. There are usually 250 - 300 applicants for 35 - 40 seats.
Application procedure To apply for the English masters degree programme in Microsystems Engineering, please fill in the online application form which will be available here in April 2014. Print the filled form, sign it and send it by regular mail (not e-mail) to the address below together with the following documents:
* A certified and (if necessary) translated copy (German or English) of your undergraduate diploma. If you have not yet completed your undergraduate studies, a certified transcript of records is sufficient
* A certified and (if necessary) translated copy (German or English) of your grade transcript.
* Proof of English proficiency (TOEFL, IELTS or Cambridge Certificate)*
* GRE score (strongly recommended)
* Curriculum vitae or résumé
* Personal Statement of intent (explaining why you want to study the MSc. in Microsystems Engineering at the University of Freiburg)
* At least one recommendation letter from a university professor to be submitted in a separate envelope, sealed and signed by the referee
* APS certificate (for Chinese and Vietnamese applicants only)
|TOEFL iBT® test:||100|
ACQUIN accreditation until Sep 30, 2015
Sign in to find all related scholarships and all information about funding here.
Not a member yet? Create an account and join +150 000 StudyPortals members.
Fortunately enough I was able to find StudyPortals. Right from the start of the application to getting the confirmation of admission I was using StudyPortals.
Sign up for your personal newsletter and we will help you too.
We will send you all the information you need to find your dream study programme!