|Application deadline:||Winter Semester: 1 June (for non-EU citizens), 15 July (for EU citizens); Summer Semester: 1 January (for non-EU citizens), 15 January (for EU citizens)|
|Tuition fee:|| |
|Start date:||September 2015, October 2015, March 2016, April 2016|
|Credits (ECTS):||120 ECTS|
|Duration full-time:||24 months|
|Delivery mode:||On Campus|
Become a StudyPortals member and get access to exclusive information, like scholarships, related to your favourite programme!
Are you already a StudyPortals Member?
Find all members only information here
The curriculum includes a selection of courses of the department for computer science (theory of algorithms, computer architecture, software engineering, foundations of artificial intelligence, image processing and computer graphics, databases and information systems), a wide variety of advanced courses offered in computer science, numerical analysis and application modules of other disciplines (eg, mathematics, microsystems technology, psychology, medicine, economics, physics, bioinformatics, cognitive science) offered. Students specialize in one of three areas:
* Cyber-Physical Systems
* Cognitive Technical Systems
* information Systems
Seminars, internships and an extensive master project complete the master's curriculum and promote the social and transferable skills of the students. The thesis covers a period of six months and their presentations, conducted in one of the working groups of the department for computer science.
The following key courses are offered: * Algorithm Theory (always in English)
* Image Processing and Computer Graphics (winter term 14/15 in English, winter term 15/16 in German)
* Databases and Information Systems (always in German)
* Software Engineering (summer term 2015 in German, summer term 2016 in English)
* Foundations of Artificial Intelligence (summer term 2015 in English, summter term 2016 in German)
* Computer Architecture (summer term 2015 in German, summer term 2016 in English)
The Master of Science in Computer Science (Informatik) is open to both, graduates of the University of Freiburg and graduates from other institutions, as long as they have obtained a first degree (Bachelor's or equivalent) in computer science or in a closely related field (information technology, mathematics, physics).To apply, please log into the online application portal (which will be available here as off April 1st) and fill the required information. After that, kindly print the pdf document, sign it and send it by regular mail (not e-mail) to the address below together with the following documents:
* A certified and (if necessary) translated copy (German or English) of your undergraduate diploma. If you have not yet completed your undergraduate studies, a certified transcript of records is sufficient.
* A certified and (if necessary) translated copy (German or English) of your grade transcript showing all courses taken and marks obtained as well as the current average grade.
* A certified and (if necessary) translated copy of your higher secondary certificate
* Proof of English proficiency (TOEFL, IELTS or Cambridge Certificate)*
* Curriculum vitae or résumé
* APS certificate (for Chinese and Vietnamese applicants only)
|TOEFL iBT® test:||100|
Accredited by ASIIN
Sign in to find more related scholarships for this programme.
Not a member yet? Create an account and join +150 000 StudyPortals members.
Fortunately enough I was able to find StudyPortals. Right from the start of the application to getting the confirmation of admission I was using StudyPortals.
Sign up for your personal newsletter and we will help you too.
We will send you all the information you need to find your dream study programme!