|Tuition fee:|| |
|Start date:||October 2015|
|Credits (ECTS):||120 ECTS|
|Duration full-time:||24 months|
|Delivery mode:||On Campus|
Become a StudyPortals member and get access to exclusive information, like scholarships, related to your favourite programme!
Are you already a StudyPortals Member?
Find all members only information here
The International Master of "Physical Activity and Health" will provide graduate students with insight, knowledge, and experience in ways of promoting health through physical activity and exercise for the prevention and rehabilitation of diseases.
In small classes, the two-year programme emphasises how to conceptualise, implement, and evaluate intervention strategies for the promotion of physical activity. Through active participation, students gain knowledge and experience by:
* Conceptualising intervention strategies for the promotion of physical activity and public health policies.
* Implementing physical activity and health promotion measures within specific settings e.g., companies and schools, and for specific target groups like immigrants and older people.
* Developing and implementing measures for individual physical activity and health promotion programmes for specific people who are prone to certain diseases and health risks e.g., back pain, osteoporosis.
* Quality assurance and management of specific physical activity and health promotion measures.
* Scientific evaluation of specific physical activity and health promotion programmes.
Currently, more than 50 students from 30+ nations are enrolled in our programme. Our students have degrees from various disciplines such as Sport Science, Physical Education, Medicine and Surgery, Public Health, Psychology, Physiotherapie, Sociology, or Communication. We value the diverse cultural and interdisciplinary backgrounds of our students.
Courses Included:1 Introduction into Public Health (2.5 CP)
2 Introduction into Physical Activity and Public Health (5 CP)
3 Rehabilitation Science (7.5 CP)
4 Health Enhancing Exercise I (5 CP)
5 Basics in Methodology (7.5 CP)
6 Communication and Cooperative Planning (7.5 CP)
7 International Public Health (2.5 CP)
8 International Physical Activity and Public Health (5 CP)
9 International Rehabilitation (2.5 CP)
10 Conceptualization, Implementation, Evaluation I (5 CP)
11 International Internship (10 CP)
12 Health Enhancing Exercise II (5 CP)
13 Public Health Diagnostics (5 CP)
14 Diagnostics/Assessment in Rehabilitation and Prevention (5 CP)
15 Conceptualization, Implementation, Evaluation II (20 CP)
16 Master-Thesis (25 CP)
The international MA "Physical Activity and Health" programme is open for students with a college or university degree (BA as a minimum requirement).
Degrees from the following programmes will be accepted:
* A primarily health or physical activity focused programme (e.g., Diploma, Master or Bachelor in Sports Science, Medicine, Health Sciences, Physiotherapy) from a German or foreign university or college.
* Another programme (e.g., Diplom, Master or Bachelor in Psychology, Pedagogy and Sociology) with a focus on health or physical activity from a German or foreign university or college, or other comparable degrees.
* The degree should have been graded with a minimum grade of "good" or equivalent.
Degress from the following programmes will NOT be accepted without additional qualifications:
* Nursing, Pharmacy
While German language skills are not mandatory, a basic knowledge of German is highly recommended, especially for the project-based classes in the 2nd year. All non-German speaking students are strongly encouraged to acquire a basic knowledge of German during their 1st year. Among others, the Language Center of the University offers free German classes for all levels of proficiency.Â
|TOEFL paper-based test score :||500|
|TOEFL iBT® test:||61|
The master has been accredited officially by the ACQUIN ("Akkreditierungs-, Certifizierungs- und Qualitätssicherungs-Institut")
Sign in to find more related scholarships for this programme.
Not a member yet? Create an account and join +150 000 StudyPortals members.
Fortunately enough I was able to find StudyPortals. Right from the start of the application to getting the confirmation of admission I was using StudyPortals.
Sign up for your personal newsletter and we will help you too.
We will send you all the information you need to find your dream study programme!