|Application deadline:||EU/EEA mid July; Non EU 15 May|
|Tuition fee:|| |
|Start date:||September 2015|
|Credits (ECTS):||120 ECTS|
|Duration full-time:||24 months|
|Delivery mode:||On Campus|
Become a StudyPortals member and get access to exclusive information, like scholarships, related to your favourite programme!
Are you already a StudyPortals Member?
Find all members only information here
This is a two year programme providing an excellent opportunity to obtain an interdisciplinary Master`s degree in Baltic Sea region issues. The programme offers education in humanities and several social and environmental disciplines, focusing on the Baltic Sea region countries.
This is a joint-degree programme set up in cooperation with four partner universities: the University of Turku in Finland, the University of Tartu in Estonia, the University of Latvia and Vytautas Magnus University in Lithuania. The programmes are compatible, and this partnership enables student mobility within the programme: one semester should be taken at a partner university, without paying extra tuition fee.
As a result of passing the program, the master students obtain qualifications to continue their academic research in doctoral studies or to continue their careers in public or private institutions.
Graduates of the programme of the Baltic Region Studies will have a possibility to work in various state, non-governmental and private institutions such as government institutions, diplomatic structures: embassies, trade, culture and other representative offices in foreign countries, representative offices at the international organizations, e. g. the United Nations, UNESCO, NATO, European Council, etc., economy units, e. g. banks of business investments, international funds, international organizations, business companies which have interests in the Baltic region, educational institutions, e. g. institutions of higher education, institutes of scientific research.
Graduates of the programme of the Baltic Sea region studies are offered the possibility to continue their studies in the post-graduate programme in the fields of social sciences and humanities. After these studies they will be granted doctoral degrees.
* European Economies and Integration Development
* Baltic Sea Region Geography
* Europe Integration - Theory and Practice
* Research Methods and Organisation
* Concept of the Baltic Sea Region
* Economics of the Baltic States
* Baltic Music
* Politics and Policy in the Baltic States
* Sociolinguistic Situation and Language Policy in the Baltic States
* The Aspects of Baltic Cultural History
* History of Cinema in the Baltic Sea Region
* The cultural and historical aspects of Latgale in the context of Baltic regionalism
* Development of Population and Society in the Baltic Sea Region Countries
* Comparative International Human Rights Law in the Baltic States
* Literature of the nations around the Baltic Sea
* Cultural aspects of ethnic minorities in the Baltics
* Cultural aspects of ethnic minorities in the Baltics
* Latvian language
* Master Thesis
* A Bachelors degree or an equivalent degree;
* English language proficiency¹;
¹If English is not your native language and/or your previous education is not obtained in English, you must present results of one of the following internationally recognized language tests:
1) TOEFL IBT (Test of English as a Foreign Language Internet Based Test) score at least 80 or TOEFL PBT (Test of English as a Foreign Language Paper Based Test) score at least 550;
2) IELTS (International English Language Testing System) score at least 6;
3) Cambridge Certificate of Proficiency in English C level or Cambridge Certificate in Advanced English B level;
Please note! If you have not taken any of internationally recognized tests you must present a satisfactory grade in English in the Bachelors degree diploma supplement.
1. the grade obtained in final Bachelors exam (or the average grade obtained in final exams) 40%
2. and the weighted average grade achieved for undergraduate studies 60%
Please note! EU citizens can register for the competition for a government-financed study place.
Necessary application documents:
1. notarized copy of the diploma of undergraduate degree and diploma supplement in original language;
If education documents original are not in Latvian or English, a notarized translation must be provided.
Education documents must be legalized. Find more information about the legalization procedure and the list of countries which are exempt from the legalization procedure below².
3. document confirming proficiency of the English language (if necessary);
4. application form;
5. copy of passport;
6. one photo;
7. copy of application fee payment check.
The application fee payment must be transferred to the bank account of the University of Latvia before applying for studies. The application fee is non-refundable.
Please note! Application documents without all required attachments and application fee payment confirmation will be understood as not valid and will not be forwarded for further processing.
| CAE score: (read more) |
Cambridge English: Advanced (CAE) is part of the Cambridge English suite and is targeted at a high level (IELTS 6.5-8.0). It is an international English language exam set at the right level for academic and professional success. Developed by Cambridge English Language Assessment - part of the University of Cambridge - it helps you stand out from the crowd as a high achiever.
|193 (Grade B)|
|TOEFL paper-based test score :||550|
|TOEFL iBT® test:||80|
Sign in to find all related scholarships and all information about funding here.
Not a member yet? Create an account and join +150 000 StudyPortals members.