Receive relevant New and Updated programmes: Personal Updates !
|Application deadline:||July 13, 2011 for EU citizens and permanent residents; May 31, 2011 for citizens from other countries|
|Tuition fee:|| |
|Start date:||September 2013|
|Credits:|| 120 ECTS |
|Duration full-time:||24 months|
|Delivery mode:||On Campus|
|Educational variant:||Part-time, Full-time|
This inter-disciplinary academic programme offers students the possibility to study European economic, political and legal space, to acquire deeper knowledge of European integration process and to analyse EU functional principles, procedures and major policies beyond disciplinary boundaries.
The Programme allows specialisation in EU law, trade, energy issues, migration, regional and social dimensions, and external relations.
The programme provides studies in international environment of linguistic and cultural diversity. Working language: English.
Qualification awarded: Master of Social Sciences in European Studies.
* EU/international and national public and private institutions
* political, economic, and legal advising
* diplomatic services
* lobbying at EU level
* international journalism
* doctoral studies with the option of an academic career
More than 500 graduates work in the international, European and national public and private institutions, diplomatic services, in the area of communication and international journalism, serve as political, economic and legal advisors, continue studies in doctoral programmes.
* EU: Government and Institutions
* European Economic Integration
* EU Regional Policy and Social Dimension
* EU Funds and Project Management
* Economies of the Baltic States
* EU External Policy
* Research Methodology Seminar
* Master Thesis
Study period and classes time
The full - degree programme covers two academic years. Classes are in the evenings of working days.
1. A Bachelors degree or an equivalent degree;
2. English language proficiency¹;
3. Quality of CV;
4. Quality of Motivation letter.
It should include applicants intended subject of the Masters thesis and explanation of his/her motivation to study in the programme. The motivation letter should not exceed two pages.
¹If English is not your native language and/or your previous education is not obtained in English you must present results of one of the following internationally recognized language tests:
1) TOEFL IBT (Test of English as a Foreign Language Internet Based Test) score at least 80 or TOEFL PBT (Test of English as a Foreign Language Paper Based Test) score at least 550
2) IELTS (International English Language Testing System) score at least 6
3) Cambridge Certificate of Proficiency in English C level or Cambridge Certificate in Advanced English B level
Please note! If you have not taken any of internationally recognized tests you must present a satisfactory grade in English in the Bachelors degree diploma supplement.
Admission is arranged in accordance with competition rules and admission requirements set up by the Council of the Programme in line with the general University procedure accepted by The Republic of Latvia Ministrys of Education Inter-institutional Committee. Admission exam is based on a quality motivation letter. Results of the admission are submitted for approval to the Council of the Faculty of Economics and Management, UL, where the programme is implemented.
Necessary application documents
1. Certified copies of the diploma of undergraduate degree and diploma supplement in original language. If education documents original are not in Latvian or English, a certified translation must be provided. Education documents must be legalized ²
2. Motivation letter (12 pages) and CV in English
3. Document confirming proficiency of the English language (if necessary)
4. For international students completed application form
5. Copy of passport
6. One passport sized photo
7. Copy of application fee payment check
The application fee payment must be transferred to the bank account of the University of Latvia before applying for studies. The application fee is non-refundable.
|CAE score:||75(Grade B)|
|TOEFL paper-based test score:||550|
|TOEFL internet-based test score:||80|
The programme was accredited in 2003 and after that in 2009 until 2015 according to the Law of the Republic of Latvia on Higher Education Establishments in compliance with requirements of the European Union.
You are normally required to take an English Proficiency Test.
Most European Universities recognise the IELTS test.Take IELTS test
Using the form on this page, you can directly ask questions to the contactpersons at the university.
Fill out your contact information and message. The information you fill out in this form will be sent directly to the university. They will reply to you on the e-mail address you provide here.
mastersportal.eu cannot take any responsibility for the answering of contacts or for the content of their replies.