Master's Degree Studies in Political Science are addressed to persons with a Bachelor's degree awarded upon completion of a Bachelor's degree program (undergraduate studies) in Poland or elsewhere as well as to persons with a Masters degree awarded upon completion of a Master's degree program in Poland or elsewhere. They are second-cycle evening graduate studies. The language of tuition is English.
The program of studies consists of theoretical and practical subjects that enable obtaining the extensive knowledge of political science. It focuses on Poland and Europe (first of all the EU as well as Central and Eastern Europe). The subjects within the program are among others: Polish and General Contemporary History, History of Political Institutions; European Political Systems, Political Institutions of the EU, European Law; Transformation in Central and Eastern Europe, Russian Politics; Historical Politics in Europe; International Relations, Foreign Policy of Poland; Theory of Politics, Methods in Political Research, Political Thought; Sociology and Psychology of Politics, Social Movements; Political Decision-Making, Political Communication, Art of Negotiation.
Selected students can complete a part of the studies abroad thanks to the Erasmus exchange and double diploma program (with the University in Konstanz, Germany).
The graduates will be fully qualified to take up the posts of analysts and specialists in public administration, universities, think-tanks, media, national or international institutions and organizations, and companies operating across Europe and worldwide.
In order to receive a Master's degree, the graduates will be required to write a Masters thesis and pass the examination.
Always verify the dates on the programme website.
Candidates must submit the following documents;
Foreign diplomas must be authenticated by the appropriate authorities, if there is no agreement on the mutual recognition of diplomas (apostille or legalisation), translated into Polish by a sworn translator and certified later in Poland if needed.
3. Application form filled in by the candidate
4. Copy of the passport/identity card page with the photograph, certified by the University of Warsaw
5. Four ID photographs of the candidate
6. Certificate confirming the knowledge of English, e.g. TOEFL, AC or IELTS. A candidate who does not have possibility to present any certificate of English language proficiency is required to submit an essay written in English (between 1,000 and 1,500 words) on the European Union issues. A candidate does not need to submit language test certificates, if he/she is a native speaker, his/her English is an official language in a country or he/she received education in English.
7. Written commitment to regular payment of tuition fees
8. Printout from the Internet Registration of Candidates IRK (after the central on-line registration)
9. Application for the electronic student card (after the central on-line registration)
10. Receipt of the administration fee (after the central on-line registration)
11. Health certificate (foreign candidates)
12. Photocopy of entry visa or any other document confirming candidate's residence in the territory of Poland (foreign students; after candidate's arrival to Poland)
Candidates will be admitted on the basis of the documents submitted until all places have been filled (30).
When the number of applications exceeds the limit of students, the additional procedure will start. Candidates will prepare essays in English (formal requirements: 5-7 pages, Word Document, font 12, line spacing - 1,5) which are sent by email. The essay will test the English knowledge, the general knowledge of subjects included in the program of studies as well as scientific skills. The ranking list will be prepared on the basis of points obtained by candidates (0-30).
Tuition fees cover the cost of participation in the program and have been set for the academic year 2012/2013 at 1,750 euros per semester for the first year students from the EU/EFTA countries and at 1,950 euros per semester for the first year students from outside the EU/EFTA area. In the second year of studies the tuition fee amounts to 1,600 euros and 1,950 euros per semester respectively. Foreigners, non-EU citizens of Polish origin are liable to 30% discount in tuition fee payment.
StudyPortals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships Students can that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
The award recognises studying abroad as a positively life changing experience for many students as well as promoting intercultural understanding and tolerance. Successful candidates will receive up to £10,000 to be applied toward the cost of tuition fees.
Testimonial Registration Module
Together with the ISIC Association and British Council IELTS, StudyPortals offers you the chance to receive up to £10000 to expand your horizon and study abroad. We want to ultimately encourage you to study abroad in order to experience and explore new countries, cultures and languages.