This programme is currently not being updated by a university administrator
The information might be incorrect, incomplete or outdated.
We apologise for your inconvenience.
|Application deadline:||July 6 - submitting the required documents|
|Tuition fee:|| |
|Start date:||October 2014, October 2015|
|Credits (ECTS):||120 ECTS|
|Duration full-time:||24 months|
|Delivery mode:||On Campus|
Become a StudyPortals member and get access to exclusive information, like scholarships and student reviews, related to your favourite programme!
Are you already a StudyPortals Member?
Find all members only information here
Master's Degree Studies in Political Science are addressed to persons with a Bachelor's degree awarded upon completion of a Bachelor's degree program (undergraduate studies) in Poland or elsewhere as well as to persons with a Masters degree awarded upon completion of a Master's degree program in Poland or elsewhere. They are second-cycle evening graduate studies. The language of tuition is English.
The program of studies consists of theoretical and practical subjects that enable obtaining the extensive knowledge of political science. It focuses on Poland and Europe (first of all the EU as well as Central and Eastern Europe). The subjects within the program are among others: Polish and General Contemporary History, History of Political Institutions; European Political Systems, Political Institutions of the EU, European Law; Transformation in Central and Eastern Europe, Russian Politics; Historical Politics in Europe; International Relations, Foreign Policy of Poland; Theory of Politics, Methods in Political Research, Political Thought; Sociology and Psychology of Politics, Social Movements; Political Decision-Making, Political Communication, Art of Negotiation.
Selected students can complete a part of the studies abroad thanks to the Erasmus exchange and double diploma program (with the University in Konstanz, Germany).
The graduates will be fully qualified to take up the posts of analysts and specialists in public administration, universities, think-tanks, media, national or international institutions and organizations, and companies operating across Europe and worldwide.
In order to receive a Master's degree, the graduates will be required to write a Masters thesis and pass the examination.
* Polish and General Contemporary History
* Theory of Politics
* International Relations
* History of Political Institutions
* Social Movements
* Methods in Political Research
* Political Thought
* Art of Negotiation
* European Political Systems
* Transformation in Central and East Europe
* Master's degree proseminar
* Sociology and Psychology of Politics
* Political Institutions of the EU
* The Political System of the Republic of Poland
* European Law
* Historical Politics in Europe
* Political Decision-Making
* Foreign Policy of Poland
* Russian Politics
* Political Communication
* Optional subjects
* Master's degree seminar
Candidates must submit the following documents;
* High school diploma
* One of the two documents certifying:
* Bachelors degree in any area of studies in Poland or elsewhere,
* Masters degree in any area of studies, in Poland or elsewhere,
Foreign diplomas must be authenticated by the appropriate authorities, if there is no agreement on the mutual recognition of diplomas (apostille or legalisation), translated into Polish by a sworn translator and certified later in Poland if needed.
3. Application form filled in by the candidate
4. Copy of the passport/identity card page with the photograph, certified by the University of Warsaw
5. Four ID photographs of the candidate
6. Certificate confirming the knowledge of English, e.g. TOEFL, AC or IELTS. A candidate who does not have possibility to present any certificate of English language proficiency is required to submit an essay written in English (between 1,000 and 1,500 words) on the European Union issues. A candidate does not need to submit language test certificates, if he/she is a native speaker, his/her English is an official language in a country or he/she received education in English.
7. Written commitment to regular payment of tuition fees
8. Printout from the Internet Registration of Candidates IRK (after the central on-line registration)
9. Application for the electronic student card (after the central on-line registration)
10. Receipt of the administration fee (after the central on-line registration)
11. Health certificate (foreign candidates)
12. Photocopy of entry visa or any other document confirming candidate's residence in the territory of Poland (foreign students; after candidate's arrival to Poland)
Candidates will be admitted on the basis of the documents submitted until all places have been filled (30).
When the number of applications exceeds the limit of students, the additional procedure will start. Candidates will prepare essays in English (formal requirements: 5-7 pages, Word Document, font 12, line spacing - 1,5) which are sent by email. The essay will test the English knowledge, the general knowledge of subjects included in the program of studies as well as scientific skills. The ranking list will be prepared on the basis of points obtained by candidates (0-30).