|Tuition fee:|| |
|Start date:||September 2015|
|Duration full-time:||12 months|
|Delivery mode:||On Campus|
|Educational variant:||Part-time, Full-time|
Become a StudyPortals member and get access to exclusive information, like scholarships and student reviews, related to your favourite programme!
Are you already a StudyPortals Member?
Find all members only information here
This intensive programme also allows you to tailor your degree around your interests and career goals as well as give you hands-on experience in geographical problem solving.
The taught MSc programme is designed to prepare you for employment through courses that reflect the industrys need for expertise to give you a marketable edge. Geographical Information Science is also available as a masters by research, as is Geographical Information Science and Society.
* Distributed GIS
* Introduction to Spatial Analysis
* Research Practice and Project Planning
* Spatial Modelling
Optional courses may include:
* Advanced Spatial Database Methods
* Fundamentals of Remote Sensing
* Further Spatial Analysis
* Hyperspectral Remote Sensing
* Introduction to LiDAR in Remote Sensing
* Object Oriented Software Engineering: Principles
* Object Oriented Software Engineering: Spatial Algorithms
* Principles of Geographical Information Sciences
* Spatial Modelling of Human-Environment Interactions
There is also a wide range of optional courses available from the School of Informatics and the School of Social and Political Science.