Receive relevant New and Updated programmes: Personal Updates !
This programme is organised by the Centre for Infectious Diseases (CID), which is hosted by the College of Medicine and Veterinary Medicine and the College of Science and Engineering. It provides an introduction to research methodology for biologists, medics and veterinarians. The training also provides an entry into PhD studies. Projects are available in the following areas:
* antibiotic resistance and hospitalacquired infections;
* the pathogenesis of prion and viral diseases (animal and human, including herpes and HIV);
* the immunology of bacterial and parasitic infections (including major tropical diseases such as malaria, lymphatic filariasis and river blindness);
* arthropod vector biology and vectorborne diseases;
* the immunology of ruminant infections (eg Johne´s disease);
* epidemiology and mathematical modelling of animal and human infections;
* functional genomics and bioinformatics.
Depending on the project selected, students will learn how to apply modern molecular and biochemical techniques to the investigation of pathogenesis of infections, or the use of statistics and mathematical models to study the epidemiology of diseases.
The learning process includes a one-year research project and during the study period students will be required to attend research seminars and lectures, including those on the related areas of immunology, microbiology and pathology. Training will also be given in generic skills including: statistics; project management and planning; oral and written presentational skills.
At least a UK 2:1 honours degree or its equivalent if outside the UK.
English Language Requirements
IELTS 6.5 (with 6.0 in each section)
TOEFL 580 (with 55 in each section and 4.0 in TWE)
TOEFL 237 in CBT (with 21 in each section)
TOEFL-iBT 92 (with at least 20 in each section)
CPE Grade B or higher
CAE Grade A
|CAE score:||80(Grade C)|
You are normally required to take an English Proficiency Test.
Most European Universities recognise the IELTS test.Take IELTS test
Using the form on this page, you can directly ask questions to the contactpersons at the university.
Fill out your contact information and message. The information you fill out in this form will be sent directly to the university. They will reply to you on the e-mail address you provide here.
mastersportal.eu cannot take any responsibility for the answering of contacts or for the content of their replies.