|Application deadline:||October 8|
|Tuition fee:|| |
|Start date:||October 2015|
|Duration full-time:||24 months|
|Delivery mode:||On Campus|
Become a StudyPortals member and get access to exclusive information, like scholarships, related to your favourite programme!
Are you already a StudyPortals Member?
Find all members only information here
With the Master's program in Quantitative Finance, WU (Vienna University of Economics and Business) is offering you an exclusive, high-quality graduate education. Our internationally oriented program is designed to provide you with an excellent academic and practical education, as well as with a promising outlook for a future career in todays challenging and dynamic financial markets.
Throughout the program, a well-balanced curriculum builds strong quantitative skills coupled with a solid knowledge base of the underlying theory of finance. Students acquire the necessary knowledge and skills to use mathematical models to comprehend complex financial problems and learn how to apply these models in the field of economic sciences.
As a student in our MSc program you can specialize by choosing between an Industry Track and a Science Track in the second year of your studies. You will benefit from working closely together with our outstanding faculty and from their strong networks and links to the finance industry.
Moreover, you have the opportunity to become part of WU and to truly experience its international spirit and unique educational culture. This website provides detailed information about this challenging and exciting new program.
The first year consists of a well-structured course program concentrating on the basics common to all specializations in quantitative finance. The courses cover mathematics, probability, statistics, and computing, and prepare students for subsequent courses on stochastic calculus and financial econometrics. Introductory courses in finance, microeconomics and related subjects like optimization and game theory complete this phase of the program.
Science Track This specialization focuses on preparing students for an academic career. Besides advanced courses in all major fields of finance and numerous electives, special emphasis is placed on academic literature research and scientific writing. Attendance of a weekly research seminar held by the Vienna Graduate School of Finance (VGSF) also gives students the opportunity to participate in the Department´s productive research atmosphere.
Industry Track This specialization focuses on students seeking a career as quants in the finance industry. Besides courses in the major applications, the program concentrates on combining financial models with computational skills. In the Industry Lab, students have the opportunity to apply their skills and knowledge in a real-world environment, making use of WU´s numerous corporate partnerships.
Minimum requirements for application
1. Relevant Bachelor's program:
Completion of or enrollment in a relevant Bachelor's program or other equivalent degree program at a recognized Austrian or foreign post-secondary institution. To be considered relevant, the completed program has to meet the following criteria:
The program comprises at least 180 ECTS credits. 180 ECTS correspond to three academic years. Examinations have to be taken in one of the following subjects:
* Business administration / economics / finance, worth a minimum of 60 ECTS credits OR
* Mathematics / statistics / computing, worth a minimum of 45 ECTS credits
Please note: It is not necessary to have completed this program at the time of application, proof of completion of your first-degree program is not required until actual enrollment. Nevertheless the requirements listed above have to be documented within the uploaded documents.
2. Sufficient proficiency in English:
* English as native language
* Full Bachelor's program done in English (at least three years, university confirmation required)
* One of the following certificates: valid TOEFL 600/250/100, valid IELTS 7.0, valid TOEIC 800, CAE (Certificate of Advanced English), CPE (Certificate of Proficiency in English), BEC Higher (Business English Certificate Higher), UNIcert III
* Certificates of exams taken at WU in English Business Communication worth at least 6 ECTS credits and with a weighted average grade of 2.49 or better (Please note: At least EBC I has to be passed at the time of application.)
* Other equivalent certificates
3. Further skills and knowledge
* Skills and knowledge in business administration / economics / finance
* Skills and knowledge in mathematics / statistics
4. Achievement potential:
* Valid GMAT or
* Equivalent standard test or
* Letters of recommendation written by a course teacher, an advisor or supervisor of an academic thesis, or the educational institution at which the course or courses were attended or the academic thesis was written, detailing your achievement potential
| CAE score: (read more) |
Cambridge English: Advanced (CAE) is part of the Cambridge English suite and is targeted at a high level (IELTS 6.5-8.0). It is an international English language exam set at the right level for academic and professional success. Developed by Cambridge English Language Assessment - part of the University of Cambridge - it helps you stand out from the crowd as a high achiever.
|186 (Grade C)|
|TOEFL paper-based test score :||600|
|TOEFL iBT® test:||100|
Sign in to find more related scholarships for this programme.
Not a member yet? Create an account and join +150 000 StudyPortals members.
Fortunately enough I was able to find StudyPortals. Right from the start of the application to getting the confirmation of admission I was using StudyPortals.
Sign up for your personal newsletter and we will help you too.
We will send you all the information you need to find your dream study programme!