Receive relevant New and Updated programmes: Personal Updates !
|Application deadline:||1ST Pre-enrollment period from 5th November 2008 to 26th February 2009. Next phases: http://www.uv.es/pop/admissioen.htm|
|Tuition fee:|| |
|Start date:||October 2013|
|Duration full-time:||12 months|
|Delivery mode:||On Campus|
The Master in Advanced Sciences of Modern Telecommunications (60 ECTS) aims at training scientists and technologists with the goal of preparing them for careers in research, innovation and technology transfer. The program is organized in three different tracks, respectively "advanced communications", "advanced networks" and "multimedia communications".
* It is JOINTLY OFFERED by UNIVERSITAT DE VALÈNCIA and UNIVERSITAT POMPEU FABRA and it can be attended at either location, respectively VALENCIA and BARCELONA (Spain).
The Master has been designed and is coordinated by internationally recognized researches with extensive academic and professional experience in the international arena. It provides a coherent set of advanced courses that are in synchrony with the state-on-the-art of modern Telecommunications. The training is geared towards positions at universities, research institutes, scientific and technological parks, as well as technology companies. Morover the Master offers graduate courses of a level similar to those of other prestigious universities in the United States and Europe, including courses that are not offered currently at any other Spanish institution.
Formal endorsement has been received from several highly prestigious institutions , within the field of Telecommunications, such as the University of California at Berkeley, Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), University of California at, Los Angeles (UCLA), University of Southern California (USC), Princeton University, Stanford University, EPFL, ETH ZurichZ, Technical University of Munich, and companies such as Alcatel-Lucent, Deutsche Telekom and Telefónica.
This Master is targeted at Telecommunication Engineers, Electrical Engineers, Computer Engineers and Scientists, Electronic Engineers, Physicists, Mathematicians and other graduatespeople coming from programsother Masters covering relatedsimilar areas of knowledge.
The maximum number of students is restricted to 25.
Some of the citations about this Master read as follows:
STANFORD (Prof. Andrea Goldmith) "I have spent time visiting several universities in Spain, and to my knowledge, there exists no Masters program of a similar quality anywhere in the country, and in fact, there are few programs in all of Europe to rival this one. The creation of this program would generate a new pool of talented students who might go on to further graduate study or create or join high-tech companies based on the fundamental knowledge obtained through the program"
MIT(Prof. Vivek Goyal) "The choice of topics and their allocations to core and optional courses is innovative but at the same time roughly consistent with what is done at the top electrical engineering and communication systems departments in the United States and Europe. Students that complete this program will be extremely well prepared for both PhD programs and immediate contribution to engineering research and development "
EPFL (Prof. Emre Telatar)"The courses of the program provide an excellent coverage of modern telecommunication science. Any student going through this carefully designed program will graduate with a first rate education, ready either for industrial work or for PhD research. With the increased student mobility in Europe that comes with the introduction of Bologna, I believe it is simply a necessity to offer a program such as yours to ensure the future of advanced education. As an extremely well conceived program, your Master´s has all the reasons to be a success"
BERKELEY (Prof. Kannan Ramchandran) "It is clear from the proposal that this program would be a great contribution to the academia and industry of Spain. The education provided by the program can allow the opening of new research directions, can attract researchers from abroad (transnational research groups), and attract funding for research and the creation of new and competitive start-ups/spin-offs"
NOTE: The information provided is subject to possible modifications derived from the harmonization process of the European university systems required by the EHEA. (Bologna Declaration)
Each academic year is distributed in three quarters:
* 1st Quarter (October-December)
* 2nd Quarter (January-March)
* 3rd Quarter (April-July)
During the third Quarter, the student will carry out a research work (Master Thesis) of 10 ECTS under the supervision of a professor and in the University where the student decides
CORE COURSES (35 ECTS)
* Information TheoryAdvanced Optimization Techniques for
* Communications and Signal ProcessingAdvanced Stochastic
* Processes for Engineers: Theory and ApplicationsDigital
* Communication TheoryResearch Methodology
* Master Thesis
TRACK - ADVANCED COMMUNICATIONS (25 ECTS)
* Advanced Coding Techniques "Mandatory"
* Advanced Signal Processing for Communications "Mandatory"
* Advanced Wireless Communications and Mobility "Mandatory"
* Estimation Theory "Optative"
* Antennas and RF Systems for Communications "Optative"
* Optic Fiber Communication Systems "Optative"
* Research Seminars "Optative"
TRACK - ADVANCED NETWORKS (25 ECTS)
* Advanced Communication Networks and Protocols "Mandat"
* Design and Implementation of Wireless Sensor Networks "M"
* MobileCommunication Networking "Mandatory"
* Cryptography and Security in Communication Networks "Opt"
* Models and Tools for Ad-Hoc Networks "Optative"
* Performance Improvement in Network Environments "Optativ"
* Computability and Complexity "Optative"
* Research Seminars "Optative"
TRACK - MULTIMEDIA COMMUNICATIONS (25 ECTS)
* Multimedia Systems and Communications "Mandatory"
* Image and Video Analysis "Mandatory"
* Advanced Multimodal Interaction "Mandatory"
* 3D Multimedia on Internet and mobile Networks "Optative"
* Visual Recognition and Perception "Optative"
* Data Analysis and Machine Learning "Optative"
* Linear and Non-Linear Time-Series Analysis "Optative"
* Research Seminars "Optative"
The criteria for admission to the Master are:
* Academic record.
* Additional academic or professional education.
* Proof of English proficiency. (If necessary, a personal interview with the candidate will be conducted in English.)
* Having the appropriate prerequisite knowledge or, depending on each particular case, taking the necessary levelling courses at either UVEG or UPF.
You are normally required to take an English Proficiency Test.
Most European Universities recognise the IELTS test.Take IELTS test
Using the form on this page, you can directly ask questions to the contactpersons at the university.
Fill out your contact information and message. The information you fill out in this form will be sent directly to the university. They will reply to you on the e-mail address you provide here.
mastersportal.eu cannot take any responsibility for the answering of contacts or for the content of their replies.