Become a StudyPortals member and get access to exclusive information, like scholarships and student reviews, related to your favourite programme!
Are you already a StudyPortals Member?
Find all members only information here
A full-time modular programme with taught courses over two semesters (PG Diploma or for the MA, Stage 1), followed by a supervised dissertation (for the MA, Stage 2) of between 14,000 and 20,000 words between May and September. Assessment of the taught component is by coursework only. Students select five modules from the list below, in addition to the Foundation Module in Language and Communication Research. Compulsory modules are indicated with two asterisks, and strongly recommended modules with one asterisk.
* Foundations of Language and Communication Research **
* Language Description *
* Phonology *
* Applied Linguistics for Language Teaching
* Current Issues in Sociolinguistics
* Discourse and Social Interaction
* Forensic Linguistics
* Language Attitudes and Persuasion
* Language, Genre and Ideology
* Qualitative Research Methods
* Quantitative Research Methods
* A well-established reputation in a number of teaching and research areas related to sociolinguistics, lexicogrammar, phonology, language education and computational linguistics.