Become a StudyPortals member and get access to exclusive information, like scholarships, related to your favourite programme!
Are you already a StudyPortals Member?
Find all members only information here
In 2004 the University of Bonn - supported by the CEMBIO - launched an International Masters Course in Molecular Biotechnology. This ECTS credited course, taught fully in English, is aimed at graduate students (from such fields as biology, nutrition, agriculture, chemistry, food chemistry, pharmacy, medicine and dentistry) with a strong background in cell biology, microbiology, molecular biology and biochemistry. The program has been accredited by the German Federal Council for Accreditation.
Foundations are provided by lectures addressing
* biotechnology and molecular biology,
* bioprocess engineering,
* bioinformatics, and
* economics in conjunction with an integrated practical course.
In addition, seminars are offered on bioethics and current topics in biotechnology.
A major focus of the program is the development of practical laboratory skills through a combination of compulsory and optional practicals.
Compulsory courses include
* microbial expression systems,
* genomics and proteomics,
* animal and plant cell culture,
* bioprocess engineering
Students can choose from a range of optional fields as for example
* microbial, fungal, plant, animal and cell lines as expression systems,
* enzyme technology,
* analysis and systematics of biological surfaces, and
* pharmacologically active natural substances.
From a total of six optional courses a maximum of two may be substituted by laboratory work on current research projects.
In their fourth and final semester, students are required to conduct a research-oriented thesis.
* Molecular Biology 1
* Biotechnology 1
* Skills Lab
* Practical Course in Research Laboratories or Industry
* Molecular Biology 2
* Biotechnology 2
* Introduction to Bioinformatics
* Industrial Colloquium
Elective ModulesProject Work Master Thesis
* have earned a life science or medical degree from a university recognised by the German Standing Conference of the Ministers of Education and Cultural Affairs, and
* have a sound theoretical as well as practical knowledge of biology
* fulfill the minimum English language proficiency requirements
* be citizens of the European Union, or from outside the EU and eligible for a student visa (funding and other requirements according to the standards, information about which is available from the German Embassy or Consulate General),
|TOEFL paper-based test score :||550|
|TOEFL iBT® test:||79|
Sign in to find all related scholarships and all information about funding here.
Not a member yet? Create an account and join +150 000 StudyPortals members.
Fortunately enough I was able to find StudyPortals. Right from the start of the application to getting the confirmation of admission I was using StudyPortals.
Sign up for your personal newsletter and we will help you too.
We will send you all the information you need to find your dream study programme!