Receive relevant New and Updated programmes: Personal Updates !
|Application deadline:||any time of the year|
|Tuition fee:|| |
|Start date:||January 2014, April 2014, October 2013|
|Duration full-time:||12 months|
|Delivery mode:||On Campus|
The main educational aims of the programme are:
* to enhance lifelong learning skills and personal development to enable students to work with self direction, originality and to contribute to business and society at large;
* to enable students to undertake advanced study of organisations, their management and the changing external context in which they operate;
* to develop students´ ability to apply knowledge and understanding of business and management to complex issues, both systematically and creatively, to improve business and management practices;
* to enhance students´ transferable skills of research, interpretation, critical evaluation and their ability to turn theory into practice;
* to develop students´ intellectual skills, including critical reasoning, analysis, creativity and reflection;
* to prepare students for a career or career development in business and management by developing professional skills;
* to prepare students for research or further study in the field of business and management;
* to develop master's level knowledge and skills in business and management subjects to enhance students´ employability and the utility of their first discipline.
* to enable the understanding of current developments in the study of Leadership and a critical evaluation of the main theories and approaches to Leadership in organisations, identifying those most valuable to management in a modern and global context;
* to develop the ability to initiate and lead complex tasks and processes, taking responsibility, where relevant, for the work and roles of others;
* to develop the capability for Leadership in challenging management and team leadership roles within complex organizations;
* to develop and use management skills and techniques to analyse, plan and carry out Event Management tasks effectively and safely;
* to enable students to initiate and lead complex tasks and processes, taking responsibility where relevant, for the roles and work of others;
* to undertake a substantial piece of project work that will blend rigorous academic understanding of Leadership and Management topics and issues with self-reflection, contemporary Leadership approaches and management practice in a detailed case study of a particular organization.
A good standard of education and a first degree in a relevant subject is usually required for entry to a Master´s programme.
International students applying for study at postgraduate level will normally be required to show evidence of sufficient command of the English language to be able to follow their course, undertake research and produce writing without major linguistic difficulties. For example, this is usually the Cambridge Advanced or Proficiency Certificate, IELTS minimum score of 6.5, TOEFL minimum score of 575.
|TOEFL paper-based test score:||575|
Unfortunately, funding is very scarce for postgraduate courses. Some funding is available from external bodies such as the Arts and Humanities Research Council (AHRC). The AHRC is funded by a number of sources including the British Academy and the Department of Higher and Further Education and offers support including professional and vocational awards and Studentships in the Humanities. Applications can be made via the Registry in February each year. Occasionally there are University of Wales Studentships available which are equivalent to the funding given by the AHRC, but these are subject to availability. A funding guide is available from the Registry. Most UK students are self-funding and many opt for Career Development Loans.
American and Canadian students can apply for funding via the Federal Student Loan System for their respective countries.
Overseas students may apply for Overseas Research Scholarships if they are intending to study for a full-time MPhil or PhD. Application forms are available in February of each year from the Registry and must be completed and returned to the Registry by the end of April in any given year. If candidates are successful in their application, fees are reduced to that of a home student.
You are normally required to take an English Proficiency Test.
Most European Universities recognise the IELTS test.Take IELTS test
Using the form on this page, you can directly ask questions to the contactpersons at the university.
Fill out your contact information and message. The information you fill out in this form will be sent directly to the university. They will reply to you on the e-mail address you provide here.
mastersportal.eu cannot take any responsibility for the answering of contacts or for the content of their replies.